Delta mobile base extension lever hits bottom shelf?

I just installed a Delta mobile base extension (for 52" Unifence) to my existing Unisaw base and the foot lever hits the lower shelf. Is this normal?
I called Delta and they are going to send me a replacement with holes drilled so that this interference doesn't occur, which is great, but I can't quite believe 1) that they made it this way to begin with and 2) that I haven't read more comments about this in here.
Mitch Berkson
Mitch Berkson wrote:

My mobile base didn't hit the lower shelf. Is it possible you got the mobile base for the Beisemeyer fence?
--
Gary

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
GeeDubb wrote:

It's the 50-284 mobile base extension and the instructions say it can be used with a 10" Unisaw with a 52" Unifence or a 50" Biesmeyer fence.
When I called them, they seemed to acknowledge this as a problem since they are willing to send a replacement.
On your base are the three holes for the caster bracket in the center of the metal tube or offset?
Mitch Berkson
Mitch Berkson wrote:

On mine the castor bracket was pre-welded onto the cross support and off-set from center. I'm not sure what the model # is since I bought it some five years ago. I hadn't realized they had changed.
Gary