Delta mobile base extension lever hits bottom shelf?

I just installed a Delta mobile base extension (for 52" Unifence) to my existing Unisaw base and the foot lever hits the lower shelf. Is this normal?

I called Delta and they are going to send me a replacement with holes drilled so that this interference doesn't occur, which is great, but I can't quite believe 1) that they made it this way to begin with and 2) that I haven't read more comments about this in here.

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

My mobile base didn't hit the lower shelf. Is it possible you got the mobile base for the Beisemeyer fence?

Reply to
GeeDubb

It's the 50-284 mobile base extension and the instructions say it can be used with a 10" Unisaw with a 52" Unifence or a 50" Biesmeyer fence.

When I called them, they seemed to acknowledge this as a problem since they are willing to send a replacement.

On your base are the three holes for the caster bracket in the center of the metal tube or offset?

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

On mine the castor bracket was pre-welded onto the cross support and off-set from center. I'm not sure what the model # is since I bought it some five years ago. I hadn't realized they had changed.

Gary

Reply to
GeeDubb