Delta Dust collector upgrade advice wanted

Hello Group, I have one of the Delta 3/4 hp roll-around dust collectors. (For those unfamiliar with this model it has the motor/blower set on top of a 30 gallon can and exhausts though a cloth bag. It has served me well except I'm certain it allows some fine dust to be dispersed throughout the room. One thought I had was to run the ehaust to a window mounted flange but this would pump a lot of warm air outside. I'd prefer to add a second stage if possible. Any suggestions- both generic or commercial are welcome. Since I just upgraded my shop equipment to include a a 15 inch planer plus a new table saw and jointer I'm having serious thoughts about making my DC stationary and serving all equipment instead of rolling it around as I've done in the past. Thanks in advance for your comments,
Marc

Felt Bag if you're just fastidious. If you're fastidious, flush with bucks and want to revise your rolling stand, one of the folded paper filters. Any place that sells replacement or "upgrade" bags should have them.
Had mine for years, guess the cake inside the standard bag has consolidated, because running it in front of the light shows about zilch.
Hello George, With my current shop lighting I only see dust coming out when I turn on the DC. I guess as the relaxed bag inflates it allows some leakage through the mesh. I'll check out the folded paper bags. Thanks, Marc
marc rosen said:

Err... that would be sintered felt _bags_, or pleated paper filter _cartridges_
Felt bags aren't too expensive, pleated paper cartridge retrofits are. And you need some mechanism to knock the dust out of the cartridges occasionally.
FWIW,
Greg G.
Penn State Industries has the 1 micron felt bags for around $75, iirc.
jc

marc rosen wrote:

How about one of those buckets of water thats supposed to catch the dust from a clothes dryer so you can vent it indoors? Didnt work too well fo rmy mothers dryer though...
--
Thank you,

Call these folks and ask them:
http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/bags_wood.htm
I would also consider getting a MUCH bigger unit and setup a more effective arrangement that doesn't require all that rolling around.
The Delta 1.5hp is an excellent unit for smaller shops.
You can use a garbage can setup and have a fairly effective two stage arrangement. "If" you have the room and money, look at the "Dust Gorilla" from Oneida.
http://store.oneida-air.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=OAS&Category_Code=GORILLA
marc rosen wrote:

Marc, isolved my dust problem by building a shop cyclone. I got the plans and research info off the web at
http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm
I'm sure the site has been updated since I did it. The 5hp motor from Harbor Freight is the only thing I would not go with. I tried it and it just could not handle the load with out getting hot.
Hope this helps
Chuck