Delta Contractor Saw Power

My uncle just gave me his contractor saw. It's a nice replacement for my older saw. But, it's wired for 240 and I need to put it on a 110 circuit. He told me that's doable but I don't see any instructions in the user manual. Can somebody tell me how to rewire it?

The instructions are usually right on the motor or inside where the wires go. Just make sure you have enough amps available to run it on 120v.
Yes, a standard 15 amp circuit may not be enough. Many of the 1.5 and 2 horse motors draw at least 20 amps on startup at 110 volts. This can be checked at www.deltamachinery.com They have a list there somewhere under accesories in PDF format.
JohnV

Karen Kent said:

Diagram is inside the motor cover.
Greg G.
When my contractor saw is wired for 110V it suffers a tremendous loss of power!

Karen, I wired my saw for 220 with the help of the folks at Delta. They were great at helping me identify which leads went on which terminals. My saw is five years old. I don't know how old is your uncles saw, but that should not make a big difference. If I recall, the actual process was something on the order of 10-15 minutes. I have to admit that the before and after was not as big a diff as I had expected.
If you cannot wire up an outlet for 220, then I don't believe you will be giving up a lot to go back to 110. The bit about the amperage draw is on the money, but is not an issue for a saw designed to run on 110 or 220 to begin with. Don't forget you will need to change your plug. Pay attention to your polarity! Have fun ...