Delta 36-650 tablesaw Dado size limit?

I'm looking at buying a new dado set, I read suggestions that an 8" set can burn out a motor, should I stick with a 6" set? Thanks, Denny
Denny wrote:

When I was at the Springfield show, the owner of Ridge Carbide Tools was hakinghis wares. They offered the 6" and 8" at the same price that day. I asked about what to buy. He said that any 1 1/2 hp contractor saw can handle the 8". The 6" were mostly for smaller benchtop saws. He was, in fact, doing demos with the 8" on a contractor saw.
FWIW, the Ridge dado sems to be a very nice set. I've not had time to do much with it yet as the shop is too cold when the outdoor temps are single digits.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

can