Router Table on Delta 36-650

Greetings to the group

I would like to have a router table on the right side of my Delta 36-650 saw. I was thinking that I could remove the metal table extension and go out from there.

My questions start with, what material would you recommend? I would like to use a Jess-EM router lift and the existing fence.

Speaking of the fence. I am not all that impressed with the factory fence and would like to upgrade. Recommendations?

Thanks for any help

Dave

-- Rexbo

1992-2003 RIP My Friend We will hunt again
Reply to
Dave Nissen

For the fence question, I installed the Vega Utility 50" fence on my Old Crapsman. It's worked very well for me. I got it from Woodcraft for about $260 IIRC.I also added an extension to fit the fence made from 3/4" melamine particle board with a ladder frame underneath. It's stayed perfectly flat for about a year so far. You could try something similar, with additional support for the router.

Bowhunter

Reply to
bowhunter

replying to bowhunter, kairamartinii wrote: Delta 36-650 is not that much good router table as compared to the Skil RAS900 and getting to the dry vacuum. With fairly compact and portable design it can store all your accessories. Changing the router is quick and it can be folded quickly. But its legs are not durable, choose and look another Router Table.

Reply to
kairamartinii

and getting to the dry vacuum. With fairly compact and portable design it can store all your accessories. Changing the router is quick and it can be folded quickly. But its legs are not durable, choose and look another Router Table.

Outstanding response: It's semi-literate, not responsive to the OP's query, and

15 years too late. I believe you have hit the trifecta of ignorance!
Reply to
Serious in Seattle