Delta 14 in. 28-475X band saw bolts for fence.

I just bought a Delta 14 in. 28-475X band saw. It works fine. I'm building a fence for it. As with any fence, the rails attach to the side of the saw table. The rails get bolted to the table through threaded holes that are ready-drilled in the table sides. I need to find some bolts that fit those holes but alas the holes (and threads?) are metric and none of my spare bolts will fit. The saw parts list does not list these bolts.
I called Delta customer service and surprisingly, they said they have such specs only for out-of-production machines and not current ones.
I'd rather not go buy a bunch of metric bolts just to find the one I need.
Does anyone know the specs (size and thread) on the bolts that will fit this table?
Thanks.

That's odd. Did you go to Delta's online parts ordering page and look there? I'd be very surprised if you couldn't buy 'em. Might not get a spec until you have one to mic, but you'd have 'em.

Well, metric threads aren't as bad to read as you might think, there are only a few pitches they could be. Diameter, likewise, will probably be right at a mm number. Might be able to tell from looking at it, at least to narrow it down to 4 likely sizes/pitches.
http://www.kregtool.com/education_center/manuals/precision-bandsaw-fence.pdf
I bought this kreg fence and it mounted right on to my delta x5 bandsaw. This link is the instruction manual for it which has a parts list, including bolt sizes for different saws. It indicates that the bolt is 1/4-28x1-1/4".
Hope this helps.
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:50:48 GMT, "Billy Smith"

Both the 28-855 and 28-857 14" band saw fences call for 1/4" -28 x 1-1/4" socket head cap screws to mount the fence rails. However, with the 28-475x the table was increased in size from 14" to 16". I don't believe the screw was changed.
You can go to the Delta site and punch in the fence accessory numbers and you will be able to get a parts list whcih will spec out the screw. If you can't get it from there, repost and I will call someone on the floor.

Thanks to the post from davide1209 I went out and got a 1/4 X 28 bolt and that fits. The 1/4 bolts I had tried had regular, coarser threads.
I could not find anything about a fence for this band saw at the Delta web site (www.deltamachinery.com). My saw didn't come with one and I'm wondering if Delta makes one.
This is why I love this group. After searching on the web in vain and making futile calls to the manufacturer's customer service, I post a question here and get the answer almost immediately.
Go rec.woodworking!!
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 03:38:05 GMT, "Billy Smith"

If you need something else on the site go to products-accessories-band saw accessories-14" & 12" band saws . Two models come up 28-856 and 28-858. go to tech support - parts lists-punch in either number. will give you exploded diagram and parts list.
Maybe not terribly user friendly, but it is there.
Frank
Frank,
Yup, you're right. Thanks for the tip.
-Billy