playsets

looking for ideas , plans , suggestions for backyard wood swingsets that i can build myself thanks guys

Reply to
Ediesaebs F

I built my first playset by studying basic structures on the internet and catalogs. I picked and chose aspects of designs I liked. Then I went to the local playset specialty store and asked them if they had any odds and ends pieces they would like to dispose of. Most playsets are sold as kits and few people ask for the odds and ends. The place I went to had more lumber than I could carry. It was very inexpensive as well. Two loads in my van and a stop at the hardware store for lag bolts later, I had more than enough material to build a custom playset. I used palm fronds for the top and bought the swings, slides, etc from the local hardware store. I treated the whole thing with water seal every six months. That was back in 1994. I sold the house, but visited the house last year. The playset was still there. I guess I did it right. : )

Good luck with yours! Bobby

Reply to
Bobby

How about:

Jerry

We just built a playest this summer what we did was buy a box of hardware that home depot had on clearance ($100 for a $300 box) back in January, they were fazzing that model out. my sugestion is no matter how you deside to build your play set get the heavy duty hardware, that way more then kids can play on it. With the stuff they sale at HD they have two qualities of hardware and, for example, the light duty swing hangers support 75 lb a peice so that is 150 lb per swing, while the heavy duty ones support (I think) 150lbs a peice so that is 300lbs. Our play set we have about $700 in it and we are not done it should be really cool when we are...lol... And Bobby's advice is good... My hubby just happened to be delivering to Play-tronics (they mke most the plastic items for playsets) last month and he just asked if they had any over stock stuff and he picked up a 5 ft climbing 'tree' that montes to the side of the tower (it did not have the monting hardware but we just used 2 1/2 screws to the 4x4s) for $24.

Deborah

"Ediesaebs F" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
Deborah Kelly