Decent drill press- gotta cheap out here

Today my Delta DP 350 broke. Can't wait a week or two getting it fixed. I need a DP like, tomorrow. Is there anything I can buy at HD, Lowes, Sears, that doesn't cost a bunch that I might have any luck with? I'm looking for $150-200.00. I can live with a 10" non variable speed. It's heaviest use would be probably an occasional 1-1/4" forstner bit in hard wood. It don't have to get it done fast, just get it done with minimal run out. Thanks.
--
Paul

I have owned a few drill presses over the years and I am just tickled pink with my Ridgid. Sometimes Ridgig does it right. Out of the box, it wouldn't even wiggle my dial indicator. FWW spec'd . 0006 run-out. Helluva deal.
Paul
"Robatoy" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

They show at HD's in Canuckistan.....
Paul
"Robatoy" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Give your local Harbor Freight a try. They will work in the short term (and long term).
On 09/03/2011 07:46 PM, Paul wrote:

On 9/3/2011 8:35 PM, Michael Kenefick wrote:

I would agree with Michael, Harbor Freight is about as cheap as it will get...also check your local pawn shops 'cuz I'm seeing all sorts of heavy tools showing up in the shops around hear. Just bought a 10" Radial Arm and benchtop delta bandsaw in great condition for $170.00. They also had an older craftsman floor model DP for sale, but needed more work than I wanted to put in it.
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

I have the benchtop Delta. It has done the job for a number of years. Google Delta drill press and you can find it as low as $179 delivered.
Or check Amazon directly.
On 9/3/2011 6:46 PM, Paul wrote:

Have you DP repaired and rent one for tomorrow.

Don't know where you live but if you've got an active craigslist in your area, it is excellent source for tools.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
cheers Bob
Went to HF this morning and picked up the 10" 12spd. Got it home and put it together. Not a bad drill press, quiet and smooth. A little more run out than my DP350, but not too bad either. So now I have to fashion a quick and dirty DP table and fence to use. The one on my Delta is a nice one, and don't want to butcher it up for this one. When I get time, I'll figure out how to fix the Delta right, then the HF can be my second dp, or b/u. But tomorrow, I need to make a workable and quick table and fence.
Paul
One sample drill press table sandwich:
http://patwarner.com/images/drill_check_list.jpg

What "broke?"
Bearings? They can be replaced with generic units in many/most cases. Motor? Same Pulley(s) Same
Craigslist!! Always worth a search. Some good bargains. Indee, a Ridgid Drill Press here on our local board for $150!
Paul
"Hoosierpopi" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Might be too late, but here is a really basic list I compiled a year or two ago. It's probably out of date, but might be useful.
Delta DP400 or 17-900 (3/4 HP $400) Jet JDP-17MF (3/4 HP $550) Grizzly #G7944 (3/4 HP $325) Grainger #3Z917 (1/2 HP $650) Jet JDP-20MF (1-1/2 HP $1100) Grizzly #G7948 (1-1/2 HP, $625) Grainger #3Z919 (1 HP, $1100) Ellis #9400 (2 HP, $2000-3000 - Ask for dealer pricing)
Bridgeport Milling Machines and clones make great drilling machines if you have the room. Huge table, durability out the wazoo, etc.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Sorry for late answer but 1HP Porter Cable available at Lowes is the best deal going right now. $299 but you can usually fond a $20 Lowes generic coupon somewhere if you look around.