death and taxes and tools

I don't have any kids, and was wondering if there are any good charities out there that would benefit from a donation of shop equipment in the event of my "untimely demise." I was wondering if there were any other child-free people out there or people who have kids who wouldn't be remotely interested in their old planes and what not......I suppose in the long run, they'd end up on the bench of someone who liked them, but I often wonder about that. I think one of the things I love about old tools in general is that each one has an unknown story behind it, and each one was owned by someone in the past who probably liked (or cursed!) the tool the same way you do.

* Habitat for Humanity, who builds and/or rehabs housing stock for new owners * Christmas in April, (they have a new name now, I think), who help people already in homes with repairs & rehabs * a local woodworking club, who can manage the disposal auction, and direct the proceeds.. * An adult ed program
It is said that old tools have a soul. The tools I have from previous generations have a certain feel about them I can't describe any other way.
Patriarch

hand goes up.
um. um. yeah....
me! ME! pick me!!!!
<G>

Stanley #5 is a type 11, very very OLD! It's probably been all over the country in many hands, or passed down through the generations of one family, sold on eBay a few times, been through mjdtools a couple times, who knows.
I suggest any thrift shop that is a part of an organization that supports retarded and Down's Syndrome people and children, and paraplegic and quadriplegic peoples. The tools being couried by someone who knows how to price them, and makes sure that happens for the sale.
Alex
There was one of the wreckers setting up a kids training school (Doug Stowe?), perhaps they could use them.
--

Greg

"mark" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.com> wrote in message

Do you have a brother or sister with kids? I'm in the same boat you are in, if I go early, my younger brother will have a bunch of stuff to play with, if longer, I plan to will things to any of my nieces or nephews that might care to have it.
Hope you manage to put a long lifetime of wear on your tools.
Wes