David Marks' Shop

For those of you who like the show "Woodworks" with host David Marks, I happened to check the listings and there's an interesting episode coming up on Sat Dec 27. It's a repeat of the one where he shows you around his shop and tells the stories behind his varous tools. This includes the fabled U.S.S. Woodworks, a surplus aircraft carrier craftily turned into a 16-in jointer. I haven't seen the episode, but I'm a fan of the show and I've been wating for them to repeat it. I guess I've got an appointment at 9:00 PM Sat with the easy chair, a hot drink, and the remote control. Happy Holidays to all.
Richard Johnson Camano Island, WA
Rich-in-WA wrote:

Thanks for the tip! Off to the Tivo for some programming...
I love my Tivo. Just type 'wood' into the guide and it will record anything with wood in the title. I just have to delete Tiger 'Woods' golf, Woody Woodpecker, etc. Aw hell, that little woodpecker is kind of fun to watch.... ;-) Mark
Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

Thanks, I have a friend who just raves about this particular show...I have not seen it yet but plan to.
Happy Holidays to all.

What network is he on?
On 23 Dec 2003 12:35:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@boeing.com (Rich-in-WA) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@cox-internet.com said:

DIY, a pay channel on cable for most. Also available on DirectTV. I have seen the episode in question, as they used to run it on Sat. morning on HGTV - but not anymore... :-(
Greg G.
Yes, I noticed that I don't see it on HGTV here in the Detroit area (Ann Arbor). How do you get it here? Or am I just missing it for some reason?
Greg G. wrote in message said:

Eric Anderson said:

Hey, Eric, Well, if your read very carefully, I said they USED to run it on HGTV, but not anymore. <g> The show appeared on HGTV in an attempt to attract paying viewers of the show to the DIY Channel - which is an added cost channel (like HBO) in most areas.
Actually, I wish they would put Marks back on - they lost one dedicated viewer when they pulled Marks, since I have already seen and committed to CD all of Norm's shows. I doubt many male viewers want to watch some old woman demonstrate how to make stupid decorations and nick-nacks out of spray glue, pine cones and ribbons.
Greg G.
In Trenton Mi (Just south of Detroit), on Comcast Cablevision, DIY is channel 121. 'Woodworking' and 'Wood Works' are on starting around 8:30pm on Saturdays.