Dark Wax Finish on Oak

I've applied 3 coats of wiping polyurethane to an English oak cabinet. My intention is to finish with wax, applied using 0000 wire wool. I had two colours of Liberon Bison wax - neutral and Dark Oak. The neutral looked fine (just like the poly finish, only with a nice satin sheen). The Dark Oak was rather startling - the wax made the grain stand out with the black grain fleck highlighted.
My question - is the Dark Oak wax a reasonable idea? Are there any downsides to introducing this grain enhancement at this stage in the finishing process?
To be honest, it just seemed too easy!
Steve