DAP 33 or Acrylic glazing compound?

I'm preparing to set some glass pane into wooden frames. The glass panes are 10x12, and the frame is for a fixed basement windows. I have on my shelf a bucket of DAP '33 Window Glazing Compound, and a tube of Ace Window Glazing which is some sort of acrylic compound. My question is, which is better, or does it matter? The only difference I know of is that the DAP takes a few weeks to dry before you can paint it, where the Ace acrylic stuff can be painted the next day.
Add pictures here
✖
"Zootal" wrote:

------------------------ Does DAP have a tech service group with an 800 #?
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Lew Hodgett wrote:

DAP has a product technical bulletin at
http://www.dap.com/docs/tech/00010401.pdf
which lists a contact number at 800-543-3840
There's a description of Ace 35-year siliconized acrylic caulk at
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId 72265
The Ace 35-year siliconized acrylic caulk can be covered with latex paint, while the DAP requires an oil-based primer or oil-based exterior paint.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Post over at alt.home.repair, too, for a possibly greater diversity of opinions. For what it's worth, *my* opinion is that *any* brand of window glazing compound is better than DAP. The best I've ever used is S&T (carried only at *some* Tru-Value Hardware stores, AFAIK), but Ace is pretty good too. Either one is way ahead of DAP.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 26, 4:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

The original compound for setting windows was putty. DAP 33 is a BIG improvement on putty, both in working properties and in shelf life, and I've always liked working with it. It's a good substitute for traditional putty in addition to holding glass well.
I thought the tube-type glazing compounds were not used in the same way as putty, though; do you actually work them into a bevel in contact with the came?
Add pictures here
✖

Don't know, never used the stuff in a tube. I always used the stuff that comes in a pint plastic tub (not tube). Ace or S&T, but not DAP. Used that DAP CRAP on one pane -- never again.
Add pictures here
✖
Doug Miller wrote: ...

Last time I looked (admittedly some few years ago) the Ace-branded was packaged for them by...you guessed it--DAP
✖