Dado-cutting router bits: Where can I get them?

In the newest issue of Woodsmith Magazine, on pages 10-11, there's a great article about using special router bits for dadoes. The first part of the article discusses dado cleanout bits, which are used to smooth out the bottom of the dado after it is initially cut on the table saw with a dado blade.
The second part of the article, on the bottom of page 11, discusses a dado-cutting bit, which is used to actually cut the dado from start to finish without the need for a cleanup bit. It is this dado-cutting bit that I'm looking for. Unfortunately in the sources section at the end of the issue it only lists a source for the cleanout bit, but doesn't mention the cutting bit. Does anyone know where I can find this little critter?
I found them at the WW show last weekend. CMT, Freud, Hickory, and a few other name brand makers have this bit.
Probably one of the better ones
http://www.cmtusa.com/store/index1.ihtml?x_page=store.ihtml&id=CID8976105030&step=2&parentid=CID5553152431&pagetitle=&menuinclude=leftnav_products.ihtml&titleimage=titles_routerbits.jpg
Watch out for word wrap....

bottom
finish
it
bit.

Excellent. I'm headed to the WW show tomorrow or Saturday in Overland Park, KS, so hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip.
I believe CMT makes bits similar to the dado bits shown in the Woodsmith article. See:
http://www.cmtusa.com/store/index1.ihtml?x_page=store.ihtml&id=CID6378677286&step=2&parentid=CID5553152431&pagetitle=&menuinclude=leftnav_products.ihtml&titleimage=titles_routerbits.jpg
They're called dado and planer bits and have a 3/8" to 5/8" depth of cut. The dado clean out bits are from MLCS (http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_da do.html) and have only a 3/16" depth of cut.

bottom
finish
it
bit.
I got a bit for 3/4" ply from Jesada when they had their giveaway promotion a couple of years ago. Slick!
On 12 Feb 2004 21:27:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (NoNameAtAll) wrote:

The beauty of using a dado cutting bit with a top bearing is that you can use 2 boards to snug up on the top and bottom of any thickness board that you plan to into the dado, clamp the 2 boards, remove the piece used to establish that thickness and use the 2 boards to guide the cutter. Makes for a perfect fitting dado regardless of the thickness of the shelf as long as the thickness of the shelf is thicker than the cutting width of the dado bit. I have built a jig for this purpose and use 1/2" bits that will cut 3/8" deep. This works great also if you want to rabbet the end of the shelf and have a narrower dado.
(NoNameAtAll)

finish
it
bit.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (NoNameAtAll) wrote in message

I've been using pattern bits to make dados for a long time, thanks to a Pat Warner video I saw on FWW's website. I only buy Frued and Whiteside bits. I actually am still using my orginal pattern bits, but just replaced it with a new Whiteside bit that has a shorter cutting length, since I only use a 1/4 dado.
I haven't used this bit yet,(but this weekend I'm making a couple of cabinets) but based on past results with Whiteside, I'm confident the results will be good.
I shopped around and found the cheapest price at:
www.ballewsaw.com/VENDORS/whiteside/temp_bit_with_bguide.aspx
Good Luck!