Cute tool

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

NIce tool - and nice drive-by with the Shaptons!

Reply to
Mark Whittingham

Ahhhhhh..., how cute.

I like the little box it comes in. It almost looks like a jewelery box.

Where do you see using this?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I see me cleaning out 1/4" dadoes and cleaning up little tenons, like in a model trebochet.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Nice. You'll love it, I'm sure.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Cool! I want one. I can certainly see where this could be useful cleaning up or adjusting narrow dadoes and other places where a full-size shoulder plane just won't fit.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

That was my first thought after seeing it. Tight spaces.

Reply to
CW

Really?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:11:16 -0800, the infamous "CW" scrawled the following:

They also have miniature spokeshaves (got a set) and luthier planes.

?c=1&p=32680&cat=1,41182
've used a small scrap of sheet steel as a scraper in a tight situ.

-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You have to wait for the ladies to tell you it's cute, or it doesn't count.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol