Cute tool

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pd300&cat=1,230,41182
A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!
Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

NIce tool - and nice drive-by with the Shaptons!

Ahhhhhh..., how cute.
I like the little box it comes in. It almost looks like a jewelery box.
Where do you see using this?

I see me cleaning out 1/4" dadoes and cleaning up little tenons, like in a model trebochet.
-Zz
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Nice. You'll love it, I'm sure.
Maxwell Lol wrote:

Cool! I want one. I can certainly see where this could be useful cleaning up or adjusting narrow dadoes and other places where a full-size shoulder plane just won't fit.

Rob Leatham

That was my first thought after seeing it. Tight spaces.
Somebody Wrote:

Really?
Lew

You have to wait for the ladies to tell you it's cute, or it doesn't count.
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:11:16 -0800, the infamous "CW"

They also have miniature spokeshaves (got a set) and luthier planes. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2681&cat=1,50230 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2680&cat=1,41182 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pP232&cat=1,41182
I've used a small scrap of sheet steel as a scraper in a tight situ.
-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor