Crown brand carving tools

But if it's most of the HSS steels, any fool can get the heat treatment right, It's far easier than a plain high carbon steel (albeit less flexible).
This is why cheap carving chisels (high carbon steel) are so often rubbish, but turning tools (HSS for better wear-resistance) can be made by any monkey, even Crown.
The really high-end makers might do all sorts of bizarre cryogenic processing to A2 (and many claim it's worthwhile) but if you take a lump of this steel, heat it once, just leave it alone to get cold and then sharpen it with an angle grinder, then you'll still get a decent cutting tool that's better than much of the low-end stuff.
--
Smert' spamionam

Have never used Crown brand but Flextools are excellent and I consider them "can't go wrong tools". LOve mine they keep their sharpness longer than most other tools. I would tend to stay away from Sorby they make great Lathe chisels but not carving. If you have money to burn Stubai are the best of the best.