Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Has Play - Advice On Adjustment / How To??

I have an older radial arm saw, a Craftsman model 100. It has some dedicated stops, like at 0 and 45 degrees. After positioning the saw at some stop, the handle screws tighter to really lock the thing in place.
After everything is tightened, there is still some small play in the arm position, where it can be moved left and right a couple of degrees. The play is coming from the main shaft support that sits in the main casting in the base. (I hope this is understandable, I don't know the true names of these parts.)
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be snugged up so that the play is eliminated. I'm cautious about just diving in and disassembling it since the place where these parts meet in also where the height of the radial arm assembly is controlled from.
Any suggestions? Anyone got an old service maiual.
Thanx in advance for any advice.

<http://www.wired-2-shop.com/joneakes/ProductDetail.asp?ProdID=3&nPrdImageID=&CatID=1
Explains all the adjusments on the Craftsman saws.

Get the book...way too complex to describe in an email. The Sears book is excellent and worth buying. Wilson