Craftsman circular saw

Hi. I was using my bro's hand held 7 1/4" Craftsman saw today with a rip blade to try and remove ply subflooring. The ply was 3 layers thick in most places, about 1.75" total and the saw seemed to hang up easily. Is it just underpowered for this type of job, or was the blade worn?
thanks, dwhite

Probably both. Raise the blade so you are barely cutting through the first layer of plywood. You can rent a big saw, but you might have to buy a blade.

That's a pretty big job for most any handheld saw...
New blades, in multiblade packs, are pretty cheap, however. And with this kind of work, hitting buried fastners, adhesives and knots, you're going to want new ones pretty regularly.
Another alternative is a reciprocating saw (Sawzall is one brand name). This is _not_ a precision tool in most workers' hands, however. But for demolition and tearout, it's probably safer...
Patriarch
Look for a blade with the smallest number of teeth you can find. Wilson

First thing to know is, a circular saw does not like to cut circles. Doing this type of demo work you will need a good supply of blades. I would suggest some carbide tipped ones as you will definitely hit several nails/fasteners along the way. Use a guide to insure a straight cut. Take shallower cuts. Check blade often for overheating and warping. Stop when you see smoke!
Dave
Thanks for the replies. I've been using a "sawzall" mostly but thought I'd try some shallower cuts with the circular. I just hadn't used one of those before and didn't know what to expect.
dwhite

rip
Doing
you