Craftsman 18' bandsaw

Just wondering if anyone's familiar enough with this item to do a review. I can get a refurbished one from this guy I've known for years who buys up tools from Sears and repairs them. Usually its defects that have nothing to do with the performance.

Reply to
BUB 209

You opening a saw mill?

Reply to
Bruce

I'd love to have an 18 foot (18') bandsaw. Unfortunately, I'd have to build a shop around it.

Reply to
bob

what model? I have an 18" bandsaw badged craftsman built by Parks probably around

1970. it's a solid, well made machine, lacking a bit in finesse but a real workhorse. you can see a picture of one like it here:
I suspect you are talking about one of these:
so, I can't help you much there, as I don't have and have never used one of those. it does, however look like a pretty generic taiwanese bandsaw to me. quality on those seems to be a bit iffy- lots of folks report getting decent performance out of them after performing various modifications on them.

if you like to tinker with machines, and you don't mind not getting a warranty and the price is right, it might be a good deal. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

Yaright. The foots up you know where along with my head. Yuk yuk

Reply to
BUB 209

Thanks, still thinking about it. I'll try before I buy.

Reply to
BUB 209

That'd cut up some big damn logs. I wonder if Timberwolf makes a blade to fit?

Reply to
Silvan

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:02:00 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

They show some 25' bands and probably make larger on order. I wouldn't want to hit a nail with one at those prices. Perhaps a cobalt-tipped band is impervious to measly iron bits, y'think?

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques