countertop repair

Ok, yea, I should have known better, but here it is...
Made laminated top (MDF + laminate) with 1/4" overhang for final trim. Dropped top, cracked laminate, chipped of one corner about 3/4" in. Options I see are to cut end off and run bevel bit around edge, or try to piece back and reglue. Doing top over is not possible.
Anything I am missing?
How about a nice radius on the corner of the substrate?

Saw off and apply nice oak edge??
Wilson

Redoing the top is the cheapest, fastest and easiest solution. Sorry, don't shoot the messenger.
mike