countertop repair

Just installed a new drop in stove. Unfortunately I was careless and broke the vaneer on both sides. I have on each side of the stove 2 50 cent size irregular holes in the butcherblock veneer. I am not interested in replacing the counter tops and am considering getting some contrasting veneer and putting a 2 " strip around the top to cover the damage. Any suggestions as to how to repair this?

Reply to
Anonymous

Router, jig to rout out the damage areas and another jig to route a and matching butcherblock patch veneer. Epoxy and you're done. Making the jig is the trick.

Reply to
Fred