Couldn't Resist

Most people agree that if you have to go, drowning in varnish provides the best finish.
I re-found this gem in an old book, "Wise and Wacky Wit" and I couldn't resist sharing it with the group.
John
John Flatley wrote:

Guinness plant, and one day he fell into a huge vat of stout and drowned. I was given the difficult task of informing mrs. McHholihan the sad news about her husband's unfortunate demise. So I went over to her house and told her the news.
She responded, "Oh Glen, that is so sad, but at least he died quickly and didn't suffer"
I answered, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it wasn't a quick death. He had to climb out of the vat three times to relieve himself before he died."
;-) Glen
Glen wrote:

Having drunk Guiness Stout, I'm not so sure he climbed out before he relieved himself. As a part Irishman myself, I've had the pleasure of visiting the Guiness Brewery in Dublin, which is right on the River Liffe. If you ever smelled Boston Harbor back in the 60s, you have an idea of what the Liffe smells like. I assume they get their water from the Liffe.
That's why I drink Harp Lager instead.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:23:41 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:

Liffey, and no, the water used does not come from the River Liffey.
http://www.guinness.com/gb_en/bottomnav/leftnav/faqs/default.aspx#q6

I'd sooner die of thirst.