Cordless drill choice

Here's a section of Ridgid's Lifetime Service Agreement:

"To obtain service for this RIDGID® tool under the Lifetime Service Agreement, you must return it to One World Technologies, Inc., attn: RIDGID® Hand Held and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service, 1428 Pearman Dairy Rd, Anderson, SC 29625, freight prepaid, or take it to a designated service center. You may obtain the location of the designated service center nearest you by calling (toll free) 1-866-539-1710 or by logging on to

Not all authorized RIDGID® Brand service centers have been approved to provide service under the Lifetime Service Agreement. When requesting service under the Lifetime Service Agreement, you must present your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number and proper personal identification (a valid driver's license, passport, or military I.D. or a valid Social Security card with photo ID). The designated service center will repair or replace any part covered under the Lifetime Service Agreement, at our option, at no charge to you."

See:

no(SPAM)vasys

You best BE skeptical. They won't honour some of their life-time warranties on their sanders.."because they have been used too much."

Reply to
Robatoy

Simple. Festool, Fein, Panasonic, Milwaukee.. in that order.

I'm due for a new impact driver soon....

*shrugs* Dunno, dude...
Reply to
Robatoy

Festool: I just went for this one.

thought the excenter and right-angle chuck might come in handy once a year or so. But it turns out I'm using these two quite a lot..

Theo

Reply to
Theo Veenstra

I've always liked Makita. Even though you said money isn't the top priority, they have $50 rebates going right now that make some great delas (18V kit, $140 on Amazon).

Reply to
kkfitzge

thanks for the hint !

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

I didn't knew about Festool, seems quite a machine to me !

"Theo Veenstra" a écrit dans le message de news: dfjepa$k04$ snipped-for-privacy@ares.cs.utwente.nl...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

That's pretty much the concensus here.

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

Well I went ahead and bought the Panasonic. I just wanted the 12 volt but they didn't have the one with metal-hydride [sp?] batteries in stock and the 15.6 was only $10 more so being the typical pick-up truck driving American I am I thought "if it's only $10 more and it's heavier and more powerful why not?" Now I'll be able to strip out every screw in a drawer glide in moments.

Reply to
Billy

When did this lifetime warranty come into effect?

I'll have to recheck the literature that came with my cordless combo kit, I may have just assumed the batteries were considered one of consumable items not covered.

Reply to
Archangel

At the very least, figure that the initial cost of the drill includes one or two occurrences of the replacement or rebuilding cost of batteries that have died. I'm also sure they figure that newer technology would have taken over a certain time period after that and the owner will upgrade anyway. Lifetime warranty often means only while the product is active in the market. I'm willing to bet this model won't be active fifteen years from now. Hell, it will probably be considered an antique by then.

Can anyone tell that I'm a cynical SOB?

Reply to
Upscale

Ah, the infamous lifetime of the tool warranty.

Reply to
Archangel

An admirable quality to have.

Reply to