Coopered Doors - the saga continues - still only on paper

I want to make two coopered doors for a router bits cabinet inspired by a recent article in one of the woodworking magazines. I was going at it using geometry and trig and asked for suggestions, urls to info etc. Larry J suggested building the jig needed for later glue up and build off the jig using the Half The Gap Method.

I've posted three illustrations of the All Math Method and one of the Half The Gap Method to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. But there has to be a better/easier way out there. Help!

charlie b no woodworker should ever get bored with it

Reply to
charlie b

Fine Woodworking has at least on article on exactly what you need to do. You draw the curve (end of the door) on a piece of paper in full size. Divide the staves in somewhat equal widths and angles. As you cut each stave at the angle from the drawing as produced with a bevel square against the tablesaw blade, you adjust the next stave so that you keep inside the line of the curve. After gluing the staves together, you take that drawing and draw the curve at the top and botttom of the door and fair it to make a sure curve.

Reply to
Preston Andreas