Connecting mirror to MDF frame

I just built these mirror frames out of 2x4 sheets of fine 3/4" Borgian MDF. I got ready to route the rabbets in the back to accept the mirrored glass and realized that I hadn't given much thought to HOW I was going to actually attach the glass. So, before I tear into it, please comment on the following ideas:
1. The rabbet leaves 5/8" surface onto which the glass will bear. Considered cleaning the glass really well and simply using an epoxy to bond it to the MDF. Never used MDF before and I'm not too sure how well it will bond to the glue.
2. Considered cutting a few 3/16 holes in the glass with a glass-cutting bit and affixing with flat head screws and nylon washers.
3. Also considered [your suggestions here!]
Thanks a waht!
How about K.I.S.S?
Capture the glass in a rabbet and be done with it. Nix the holes, man! Forget the epoxy. The glass isn't going anywhere.
dave
McKelvey wrote:

How about a double rabbet and adding a hardboard backer.

MDF.
actually
following
Considered
the
bit
No epoxy! Use silicone caulk instead. It will remain flexible, whereas epoxy will break the glass when your MDF frame flexes.
I would probably cut a tempered hardboard backer the same size as the glass, mostly to protect the back of the mirror from scratches, then clamp it in place with a few strategically located hardboard clips. Just cut some hardboard pieces on an appropriate size, drill a hole in each near one edge, and screw these into the MDF adjacent to the rabbet with the long side of the clip extending over the glass/backerboard.

MDF.
actually
following
Considered
the
bit

glass,
edge,
There is a product made for this situation. It is called mirror mastic and I get mine from my glass supplier.
Bob McBreen
The mastic is probably intended for mounting plate mirrors on walls when visible fasteners are not wanted. Nothing wrong with using it for the OPs project, but not worth getting a special product IMO.

and
McKelvey wrote:

I took apart an MDF mirror bought from TJ Max so that I could paint it. They used RTV cement to hold the mirror to the MDF.