Confirmat Drill bit

Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) I was told the best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a Confirmat screw. Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been unable to find a Confirmat bit. I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft, and Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase a Confirmat drill bit?

Thanks, V

Hafele carries them. They're expensive.

Reply to
Robatoy

The local Woodcraft had both sizes in stock.

has starter kits with screws, drill bit, and driver bit.
|988023781

Reply to
J. Clarke

price is a bit steep though. $31 US

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

|988023781>>I notice they are not stepped though. How important is that?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

And they're fragile. The pro ones aren't much better, but some.

A solid tapered bit with a countersink, and some good Robbie screws will be much more convenient and cheaper. The confirmat system is the answer to the question nobody asked. I wouldn't bother.

Reply to
Robatoy

|988023781>>>>> I notice they are not stepped though. How important is that?

I put up a couple of photos of the screw and bit at

One is a close up of the step on the bit--it's small but it's there.

The bit in the photos is one that I got at Woodcraft, but looking closely at the markings on it I noticed that it's marked "McFeelys".

In any case, it seems to work fine.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Is that for one bit or for a set of three different sizes?

Reply to
J. Clarke

One bit, but the steps look more pronounced than the Woodcraft bits. I've not seen one first hand.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski