Computer Furniture

I built a piece of computer furniture that I use a lot and have never seen anywhere else. I'd really appreciate any honest critical comments about whether its something other people would find useful or if its just another silly erection-preventer type gizmo. Please don't think this is a sleazy underhanded use of the news- group as a marketing test. If it's that good an idea, why would I share it with anybody? If there's anyone here who wants to make them and sell them, have at it! But I have my doubts about that, anyway. Its at http://www.edswoods.com/Lapstand.htm
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) writes:

While the idea seems good it produces uneccesary stress on the notebook hinge when you change from paper to electronic. [...]

Now *that* is an insult. Expecting people to read yellow letters on a white background should be considered criminal offence!
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869

Mine came out as yellow letters on a pleasing blue background. Check your browser settings..
TinWoodsmn

[...]
[...]
It's not a matter of the browser, but of the page itself:
<!-- \/ starthtml -->
[...]
<BODY bgcolor="#white" text="black" link="green" vlink="blue">
Here he sets the background to white, almost, because #white is an ivalid color name.
<FONT FACE="Trebuchet MS bold"> <FONT SIZE=5 COLOR="yellow"> And now he sedts yellow letters in a fixed font size, which is also against all rules and completely unecessary.
[...]
<!-- /\ end html -->
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869

Take your gripes to alt.html.critique.
TinWoodsmn
Although #white is incorrect, both my browsers Netscape and IE display it properly, with the blue background. What browser are you using
TinWoodsmn wrote:

Clever !
Thanks for the great idea
Fud
As a Designer/Cabinet Maker for a good number of years I find what you designed as a very clever idea and I honestly believe that your market would be with College students, I have become used to watching my daughter work the computer with a textbook in her lap.
I also think that some computer programers would be interested, they sometimes work on more that one computer at a time and looking at printed material at the same time.
All in all a good idea, now go get rich. Good luck with it. George

silly