Of some urgency - plywood src in MD

Just thought to call and make sure the cherry ply I was hoping to pick up tomorrow was actually available. Well, guess what - it's not. So, what are some source for cabinet grade (cherry) ply in the DC 'burbs, preferrably MD side, but I'd settle for VA too?

The rest of the story is that the car is going in for a bit of service and I requested a truck. So, I'll have a truck for a day, and now I find that my plans for it are disintegrating.

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

I did a search using my Bowie MD zip and it looks like there are several suppliers of hardwood veneer plywood within driving distance.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

What suppliers are you dealing with in MD/VA?????

I was in the Gaithersburg MD area for 28 years and now for the last 10 in AZ. I know most suppliers in the area and can make a call to a freind of mine in Frederick that would know of any new ones

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Custom Woodworks in Laurel. I don't buy that much so they were ok. But, they used to have a decent selection of ply right in the store. Now, it's mainly relegated to what they use in the back for their cabinet making operation.

There was also a place (a wholesaler) a bit south (Ft Washington, maybe) but it's been a while since I dealt with them and don't recall the name.

Inteerstingly, I called a couple places I found thru woodweb (forgotten, but suggested by another poster) and the 2 places I called were also both out, but willing to order it). Place in Manasas had some, but that's a bit of a drive.

So, recommendations/suggestions are welcome.

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

Have you tried

Tidewater -- by BWI airport ? or one of the Exoctic Lumber outlets (Gaithersburg / Annapolis / Towsen ?)

Reply to
eric

Try Allied Plywood In VA, This is a Pro place but I'm sure they will sell to you. If you strike out there let em know and i'll look up some other places with the Phone Numbers Good luck, George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka