compressor tank failure mode

"Leon" wrote

ROTFL ... hell, if you know something, anything, make damn sure everyone else knows you know it, whether it's relevant or not. :)

Gotta get back to those Wheaties before they're out of date.

Reply to
Swingman

Catastrophic tank failures usually include a fuel source. Air pressure alone (within the range of the safety valve) is not likely to blow a tank apart and have shrapnel fly all over the place. There simply isn't enough stored energy to do that. It isn't a frickin' balloon.

Reply to
Robatoy

The tires on my road bicycles get filled to 125-140 PSI. I've had plenty of flats. Nothing scary to report.

Reply to
B A R R Y

You say there was nothing scary to report,

"Me" filling the position of the typical "new" reporter on the staff at your local news agency questions......

First off could we say that you were not on a bicycle and you were actually in your car? That sounds soooo much more exciting. When you had your blow out, were there any by-standers that saw what happened? Do you think the rain we had last night contributed to the flat? Were the road conditions treacherous? Can you tell us where you were going when this all happened. What do you think would have happened had you run in to a concrete wall as a result of the flat? Do you think oil prices will cause you to buy a cheaper replacement tire? Did your ABS come into play? Were any of the other passengers in your car injured? Are you going to sue the tire company? Do you think the speed that you were driving at had any contributing factors to the this catastrophic tire failure? Being near the air port at the time were you in fear of hitting an air plane on the runway?

Conclusion:

This is "so in so" the next big reporter in "your home town" on the scene reporting on the terrible accident caused by poor quality tires near the airport where a vehicle" skidded into a crash" as a result of rapid air loss in the spare tire.

Back to you Domique.

Reply to
Leon

Is your e-mail working yet?

Reply to
Leon

snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com...

ANNNNNND we have a winner! The NTSB was on the scene, so was Chertoff, which rhymes with....

Back to you Glen Beck!

Reply to
Robatoy

"Leon" wrote

Still yoyo'ing ... damn u-Verse was rock solid for 3 months, now 'suddenly last sunday' it starting bouncing like a rubber ball. 10 hours of dealing with technicians yesterday (they left here at 10 PM) and still no joy, except briefly.

Reply to
Swingman

I kinda went through the same thing back around 2000 with ATT DSL. I and perhaps you are fortunate that it was and is new to your area and have the benefit of a technician actually working directly with you..

Any way, I forwarded you an e-mail that I got from Christy George with Riverway. I think it was in response to my e-mail I sent to her last week about the contract cancellation. I pretty much let her know what I thought about people that did not hold up their end of the bargain and mentioned that no opt outs were mentioned on the telephone when the called me to sign me up. Her e-mail said,

Dear Sir or Madam,

Riverway Power values its customers and after reviewing the plan cancellation notice sent to you earlier, we have kept your rate plan the same and no adjustments will be made. Please disregard the previous notice.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kinda looks like a form letter so you might get one too.

Also I have some drawings for you so let me know when your e-mail is working or I can come by and show you. There are some issues I have with the posts.

Reply to
Leon

Scuba tanks need to be grounded to the dust collector. Everybody knows that much! Geeeesh....

Reply to
Robatoy

Okay, good point, low-pressure systems quite possibly aren't subject to the same regulations in terms of testing and certification, mea culpa. But I still treat any compressed gas with respect, I've seen too many people on their way to the hospital as a result of having too casual an attitude towards compressed gas, same as with any power tool.

Reply to
DGDevin