complaints on hf glue

You'd think that would indeed be the reason. If it was, it is an EPIC failure because if you Google "titebond iii ultimate wood glue" or just "titebond iii" , either with or without the quotes, I don't think you'll see a single HF link.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Or too much trouble to go after them since the product does not say anything about TBIII. so what if a link directs you to a different brand product.

Reply to
Leon

in all the reviews no one marked the bottle as a con

are people so afraid of the truth now that they censor themselves about a bottle og glue

you will end of with carpel tunnel syndrome trying to use this bottle

i use a small ratchet style clamp to squeeze out the glue

pop the quick release and no problem

Reply to
Electric Comet

No but I googled Titebond iii glue and actually did see a link to a web site that offered other adhesives but no Titebond iii.

I got this as second suggestion

and this

and this

Search engines will focus on all or any one word in the search description. If you put in glue or adhesive along with titebond III you get lots of other hits.

With adhesive instead of glue I got this at the top.

And a little farther down,

Leon

And for what it is worth, I went to the HF site and searched Probond glue, and Elmer's wood glue

Here is the result.

Leon

It's interesting that probond returns 0 matches, yet titebond returns 1.

Maybe the builder of the search database assumed more people are familiar with the titebond brand vs. the probond.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Electric Comet wrote in news:nftn98$hcd$6 @dont-email.me:

How now? In the "Cons" I see:

"Hard to get out" "Hard to dispense" "Bottle cap design" "Poor container"

And of course the review text is full of "won't go thru the cap" type comments.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

You have of course obtained confirmation from the manufacturer of Titebond that the glue in question is in fact Titebond III, even though Harbor Freight claims it is "acrylic" and Titebond is not acrylic?

Reply to
J. Clarke

HTH

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Electric Comet wrote in news:nfqias$hvv$2 @dont-email.me:

I was at a HF today, and out of curiousity popped the cap off the bottle. It kinda looks like Tacky Glue, but may not be tacky. (I didn't touch the glue.) It's in a similar bottle to Tacky Glue too.

Is the HF glue actually tacky?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Almost everything at HF is tacky. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

+1

Excellent!

Reply to
Spalted Walt

That's why they sell these...

DerbyDad03

Yes, laddie, there is such a thing as acrylic adhesive. There are also urethanes, silicones, urea-formaldehydes, resorcinol, epoxies, caseinates, polysulfides, and a whole large range of others. What of it?

Reply to
J. Clarke

HF = Acrylic Polymer = EZ WATER CLEANUP TBIII = Acrylic Polymer = EZ WATER CLEANUP

Your turn...

Reply to
Spalted Walt

What, you think the only kind of glue with "EZ water cleanup" is acrylic? And you think that acrylic automatically impiies "EZ water cleanup"? Squirt some methyl methacrylate in your eyes and see how EZ it cleans up with water.

Look, I don't know what your area of expertise might be, but it clearly isn't adhesives and the next dumb-ass remark you make on this thread puts you in my killfile.

Reply to
J. Clarke

It is preferential to refrain from the utilization of sesquipedalian verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualization can be verbalized using comparatively simplistic lexicographical entities.

PLONK!

Welcome to my BOZO bin!

Reply to
Spalted Walt

In other words you don't think, you just make noise.

Reply to
J. Clarke

He plonked you, He can't see you.

Reply to
Leon

Nah, they always hang around for the response after a Public Plonking. May even have been a double plonk.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski