complaints on hf glue

Page 2 of 3
On 4/28/2016 1:52 PM, John McCoy wrote:

Or too much trouble to go after them since the product does not say anything about TBIII. so what if a link directs you to a different brand product.

Why are you telling me!?
You should probably be telling Franklin International.
BTW, ever heard of a "generecized" trademark? ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_trademark
nb

1) Because you were wrong

Why? I'm quite sure they're aware.

See 1) above O_o

Let me see if I have this straight.
1) HF uses Franklins brand name in their URL
2) Franklin has known this fer 5 yrs
3) It's not really Titebond glue
4) I'm wrong.
Hey, whatever floats yer boat.
BTW, what's wrong with yer eye? ;)
nb

Yes, yer wrong 'bout 3)

^_^ moe better?
snipped-for-privacy@newsgroup.pls says...

You have of course obtained confirmation from the manufacturer of Titebond that the glue in question is in fact Titebond III, even though Harbor Freight claims it is "acrylic" and Titebond is not acrylic?

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-009-1195-6_6 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylate_polymer http://www.astm.org/DIGITAL_LIBRARY/MNL/PAGES/MNL12186M.htm
HTH
snipped-for-privacy@newsgroup.pls says...

Yes, laddie, there is such a thing as acrylic adhesive. There are also urethanes, silicones, urea-formaldehydes, resorcinol, epoxies, caseinates, polysulfides, and a whole large range of others. What of it?

HF = Acrylic Polymer = EZ WATER CLEANUP TBIII = Acrylic Polymer = EZ WATER CLEANUP ------------------------------------------
Your turn...
snipped-for-privacy@newsgroup.pls says...

What, you think the only kind of glue with "EZ water cleanup" is acrylic? And you think that acrylic automatically impiies "EZ water cleanup"? Squirt some methyl methacrylate in your eyes and see how EZ it cleans up with water.
Look, I don't know what your area of expertise might be, but it clearly isn't adhesives and the next dumb-ass remark you make on this thread puts you in my killfile.

It is preferential to refrain from the utilization of sesquipedalian verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualization can be verbalized using comparatively simplistic lexicographical entities.
PLONK!
Welcome to my BOZO bin!
snipped-for-privacy@newsgroup.pls says...

In other words you don't think, you just make noise.
On 4/30/2016 9:02 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

On 4/30/2016 10:16 AM, Leon wrote:

Nah, they always hang around for the response after a Public Plonking. May even have been a double plonk.
I have to wonder how much enjoyment EC gets out of these troll posts that wind up with people pissing on each other.
I have yet to figure out why some of these subjects are worth anyone's time (screw you!!! I know more about glue than you do!!! Look what I found on Google!!!) when in the end, no one will change what they are doing anyway.
I am going to put this one down as EC for the win. I never would have thought anyone would have cared about Titebond or HF this much.
He does this on other venues, but I have to say this forum is the only one he has had this kind of success.
Can't wait to see who he hauls in next time!
(watching the guppies swim by...)
Robert
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:32:21 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

He does not want no guppies, he wants big mouth bass.
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 2:49:44 PM UTC-5, Markem wrote:

LOL!!! And he is quite the successful fisherman!
Robert
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 07:29:32 -0700

in all the reviews no one marked the bottle as a con
are people so afraid of the truth now that they censor themselves about a bottle og glue
you will end of with carpel tunnel syndrome trying to use this bottle
i use a small ratchet style clamp to squeeze out the glue
pop the quick release and no problem

How now? In the "Cons" I see:
"Hard to get out" "Hard to dispense" "Bottle cap design" "Poor container"
And of course the review text is full of "won't go thru the cap" type comments.
John

I was at a HF today, and out of curiousity popped the cap off the bottle. It kinda looks like Tacky Glue, but may not be tacky. (I didn't touch the glue.) It's in a similar bottle to Tacky Glue too.
Is the HF glue actually tacky?
Puckdropper