Clock inserts

Hi all. Could someone tell me where a good place to purchase clock inserts. I just looking for some basic quartz movements for a couple projects I have been thinking of doing. I've found a few on the net, but prices vary by a few dollars for what appears to be the same movements. Quality could be a factor but so could markup.I'd would like to hear from someone that has actually bought from certain places before. Good ,bad and ugly. Thanks kindly Todd

Reply to
Todd Lewis

I use Klockit. I've had no problems with their products or service.

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Todd,

is probably the best.

Reply to
Jake Jarvis

I will second the opinion on Klockit. They are definitely the way to go!! Their customer service is probably the best I have ever experienced.

Ken Gunter

CH-47D Chinook Pilot

snipped-for-privacy@ch47.org

Reply to
47Driver

I like Klockit like everyone else.

You might also try Steebar at

Their prices are sometimes better than Klockit and their service is equally good.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I noticed they have these:

a reasonable price. I got a ready made clock with one of these mechanisms in it last Christmas. It's a neat mechanism. Combines a semi standard quartz clock movement with WWVB time adjustments a few times a day for $15.

Reply to
Rico

Reply to
Grandpa

Thanks so much guys. It looks like Klockit is the favorite. I did to a look around there previously and was impressed with the site layout. Also have been to Steebar. Also never gave Wal-Mart a thought, I forgot that they do have a craft section. Only other place close to me is Ben Franklin which has some quartz movements but they are a little pricey. I am gong to be making some gifts for Christmas so the volume discounts online probably would be the best route to go. Again I really appreciate everyones time for helping me out.

Reply to
Todd Lewis

If you like building clocks, check out this company too:

bought their rocket clock for a coworker as a retirement gift. Nice kit, easy to finish.
He was our timekeeper, and an aerospace worker. The grin made it worth it. Lots of weird and neat kits there. Some kits are just the hardware with no wood included, others have everything except the glue and finish.

Robert

Reply to
2manytoyz