Clock inserts

Hi all. Could someone tell me where a good place to purchase clock inserts. I just looking for some basic quartz movements for a couple projects I have been thinking of doing. I've found a few on the net, but prices vary by a few dollars for what appears to be the same movements. Quality could be a factor but so could markup.I'd would like to hear from someone that has actually bought from certain places before. Good ,bad and ugly. Thanks kindly Todd
Add pictures here
✖
Todd Lewis wrote:

I use Klockit. I've had no problems with their products or service.
http://www.klockit.com /
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Add pictures here
✖
Nova wrote:

I noticed they have these:
http://www.klockit.com/product.asp?sku ªAAH&id0322181766238520554848
for a reasonable price. I got a ready made clock with one of these mechanisms in it last Christmas. It's a neat mechanism. Combines a semi standard quartz clock movement with WWVB time adjustments a few times a day for $15.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

Todd, http://www.klockit.com/ is probably the best.
Add pictures here
✖
I will second the opinion on Klockit. They are definitely the way to go!! Their customer service is probably the best I have ever experienced.
Ken Gunter
CH-47D Chinook Pilot http://www.ch47.org snipped-for-privacy@ch47.org

Add pictures here
✖
I like Klockit like everyone else.
You might also try Steebar at www.steebar.com
Their prices are sometimes better than Klockit and their service is equally good.
Rob

Add pictures here
✖
Sounds like you are after simple inexpensive ones. If so a number of crafts stores carry them (if you have any near you) like Hobby Lobby, Michaels. Seems like I saw some in WalMart not long ago either. Shoot, you might buy an entire clock at WalMart on clearence or ??? and simply take the clock movement out<G>.
Todd Lewis wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks so much guys. It looks like Klockit is the favorite. I did to a look around there previously and was impressed with the site layout. Also have been to Steebar. Also never gave Wal-Mart a thought, I forgot that they do have a craft section. Only other place close to me is Ben Franklin which has some quartz movements but they are a little pricey. I am gong to be making some gifts for Christmas so the volume discounts online probably would be the best route to go. Again I really appreciate everyones time for helping me out.
Add pictures here
✖
If you like building clocks, check out this company too: http://www.schsons.com/kits/clock_kits.html
I bought their rocket clock for a coworker as a retirement gift. Nice kit, easy to finish.
http://2manytoyz.com/woodworking/rocket.jpg He was our timekeeper, and an aerospace worker. The grin made it worth it. Lots of weird and neat kits there. Some kits are just the hardware with no wood included, others have everything except the glue and finish.
Robert

Add pictures here
✖