Cleaning washable Jet AFS-1000 filter without a garden hose

Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Bathtub

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Does it really need to be washed, Barry?

I blow mine clean with air.. Seems to work fine..

Then again, I might not be cleaning it as well as it should be... I guess I'll have to dig into the paperwork drawer and RTFM...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

For cleaning filters of any kind, I generally bring out the shop vacuum and back out (reverse of the air flow through the filter) the crud. It won't get everything, but should suffice until you can don your Speedo and hose it in your front yard. :-) jo4hn

p.s. my swimsuit has a hole in the knee...

Reply to
jo4hn

Yes. It's not the paper filter that comes with the unit, but the cloth upgrade.

Reply to
B A R R Y

... or utility sink. It's one of my most favorite pastimes, each drop of the seemingly endless stream of scum water validating the filter's effectiveness and my foresight in installing it, much like how picking dead bugs out of the backyard zappers can occupy me happily for hours.

Reply to
MikeWhy