Cleaning new saw

Page 3 of 3

Figured. Being California though, I thought the unavailability just might be true.

yellow
CW wrote:
> Figured. Being California though, I thought the unavailability just might be > true.
At $3.00/qt, AQMD has pretty much obtained it's objective to make distribution of kero expensive and difficult.
It is the same trick they use to limit VOC based contact cement for laminate. From memory, think they limit that to pint cans.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Since I can buy diesel around here for about $2.50 a gallon, that's what I use in my garage heater. The OP is correct, kerosene can be difficult to find at times... but diesel never is. Essentially the same stuff....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

BTDT. GTTS.
*I* called delta tech support and asked them. <grin>
They said 'mineral spiritis', or turpentine, or paint thinner, are all acceptable substitutes.
They said they recommend kerosene because: 1) it is nearly universally available 2) it is generally the _lowest_price_ of the alternatives.
I bought a new grizzly last July. They recommended orange cleaner. Didn't work for me. I used a plastic scraper and WD40. Worked great.

Cap'n 321 wrote:

I clean my tools and other things with Permatex Fast Orange smooth hand cleaner. It may leave a lotiony residue that you may want to remove with something like kerosene :P
Seriously though, I use it on my hands and my tools. Heck, generally I wash both at the same time.
There is also brake cleaner. You can probably find some good stuff at your local autoparts store.
--
Thank you,

Cap'n 321 wrote:

Napalm. Then repaint.     ;-)     jo4hn