Cleaning new saw

At $3.00/qt, AQMD has pretty much obtained it's objective to make distribution of kero expensive and difficult.

It is the same trick they use to limit VOC based contact cement for laminate. From memory, think they limit that to pint cans.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

All that money wasted on printing labels and warnings.

Suppose you and CW could get together over a cigar and discuss the difference in volatility and flash point between kerosene and camp stove fuel?

Reply to
George

Since I can buy diesel around here for about $2.50 a gallon, that's what I use in my garage heater. The OP is correct, kerosene can be difficult to find at times... but diesel never is. Essentially the same stuff....

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I clean my tools and other things with Permatex Fast Orange smooth hand cleaner. It may leave a lotiony residue that you may want to remove with something like kerosene :P

Seriously though, I use it on my hands and my tools. Heck, generally I wash both at the same time.

There is also brake cleaner. You can probably find some good stuff at your local autoparts store.

Reply to
dnoyeB

We have a new invention over here called towels. That and a little old fashioned common sense restraint should see you allright.

Reply to
deadlock

Napalm. Then repaint. ;-) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Don't normally take warning labels off but I sure remove price labels, especially the on every piece of plastic pipe where a fitting would go.

Nope, don't like cigars, quit smoking over 25 years ago, don't care if they do smoke, but assume they have no selfcontrol and don't mind the stink. Oh, and I really don't care about volatility and flash point of kerosene and camp stove, just know they are not quite the same thing.

Personally, I'd already have that saw outside, washed with gasoline, good antirust coating added, and in the shop cutting wood. Beats climbing around in trees cutting limbs, like I did today.

Course if I was really gung-ho I'd be down at HF buying a lathe and trying my hand and making some bowls with the Amur Cork tree wood I cut today. But, I've never turned anything so...........

Reply to
George E. Cawthon