Circular saw injury

Page 4 of 4

I believe that's possible. I was watching the talk show where a guy whose arm was pinned by a boulder for three or four days, amputated it to get free and then walked a considerable distance to find help. He did the cut, then had to break the bones in his arm to free himself. First thought most people have is if they could force themselves to do the same thing to survive. The instinct to live is a paramount force. Can't say I've ever been through the same thing, but I broke both legs once and sat on the ground for forty-five minutes before help arrived. I was never more scared, but also never felt more alive.

god! Actually unless she was in isolated situation that's terrible, or she was mad (which is still terrible). I read of a doctor in the antartctic who gave himself an appendectomy, but he was well...THE doctor about the place. Was this a social, poverty thing?

Mexico
Very isolated. 50+ miles from a hospital or decent sized town, no car, husband was at the cantina, etc. Ed
I do have to allow for the fact that she was a woman. They have to be tough (polite option!<G>)!
They go through childbirth, tell us we will never understand the pain........then do it again...voluntarily...sometimes many times! <G>