Christmas gift suggestions

I want to make something for my 17 year old son as well as my wife for Christmas. Any good suggestions out there?
-jtpr
Any good suggestions out there?
Well, I am getting ready to build a jewelry box for the wife - many hints. Last year I made a rather unique afghan stand that she uses to display some of her mothers work.
Son - A 17 year old might be interested in a set of stereo speakers. This is not a terribly difficult task but you cannot wing it. They are very particular about theri dimensions, volume, insulation, speaker combinations, etc. Radio Shack has a good design booklet and can supply the parts.

Tool box for the son, jewlery box for the wife. SH
On 24 Nov 2004 09:49:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ureach.com wrote:

Anything that requires a tool you don't already own would be a good start!!! :-)
- Jon
snipped-for-privacy@ureach.com wrote in message

A wood full functioning car for the 17 year old :-)
Maybe beyond your scope, but does he play guitar?
Larry Bud wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:

The lower cabinets in this house didn't seem to function well for my uses so I added an extra shelf (maybe 3/4 the size of the cabinet) to 3 cabinets and put perpendicular pieces of wood into one of the narrow but deep broom closet shelves so cookie sheets could be stood on their sides instead of being stored flat. Next I'm thinking of a couple of narrow shelves between the cupboards over the sink - for displaying mugs and such. Maybe after 17 plus years your wife wouldn't be delighted with these changes to her kitchen but you don't know until you ask.
I've also been thinking of something to sit by the front door to collect the stuff that comes in or goes out every day. A 2 foot wide x 3 shelf high bookcase like structure with a matching tray to sit on each shelf. The tray would give a lip to the stuff that goes on the shelf so everything doesn't just fall out or off.
Shelf 1 would have car and house keys, loose change, dog leashes Shelf 2 would have gloves, mittens, hand cream, suntan lotion Shelf 3 would have little tissue boxes that goes in the cars and maybe extra dog tie-outs that we never find when we want them.
Might be pretty ugly. Maybe fancy handles on each side would help? Or trays in contrasting wood?
Josie
On 29 Nov 2004 05:59:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

Or go for something simple: A fancy CD/DVD rack or box.
--RC Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?