A success!

I never post here unless I have a problem I need help with. Well, today I actually have a success to talk about.

I glued up a butternut panel. After sanding I found out I had done a really really bad job of matching; one side was significantly darker and redder than the other. If I had just turned one 180 degrees it would have been fine, but I couldn't tell on the rough surface. I though maybe they would even up after I put BLO on them, but it actually made it worse.

I touched up the light side with some mahogany gelstain. It is not perfect, but is not much worse than most panels.

Sometimes you win one. And yes, I did learn to be more careful matching panels (I hope).

Reply to
toller