chisels

I know most of you wouldn't abuse your chisels, either cheapos or expensive. My wife's brother in law came over, eying and touching my applewood logs and stopped when he saw me watching. He then switched gears and bragged about some chisels he inherited.
The question is: Is it Ok to got to his house and use those chisels to open a can of fence paint? You just know I'll have to burn that log he was touching now that it's contaminated.
I await.
--- ---
I know most of you wouldn't abuse your chisels, either cheapos or expensive. My wife's brother in law came over, eying and touching my applewood logs and stopped when he saw me watching. He then switched gears and bragged about some chisels he inherited.
The question is: Is it Ok to got to his house and use those chisels to open a can of fence paint? You just know I'll have to burn that log he was touching now that it's contaminated.
I await.
--- ---

. Depends... If he lovingly coveted the logs treat his chisels with respect as he cannot be all bad even if his shop etiquette is weak. If he picked the logs up and dropped them, or kicked them, put his dirty boots on them, gave 'em a whack with a stick, or otherwise disrespected them, have your way with his chisels...
John
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:16:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Mail it to me. I know how to decontaminate it. Wait, also send me a couple extra applewood logs to practice on, just in case it is contaminated in a way I need to practice on first. Might as well send the chisels too. You can keep your B-I-L though.
Glad to help.
Regards, Roy

Yes. It is.
But burn it for heat, not just for prophlyaxis. But burn it.
It took me years to figure this stuff out, but what really happened was that you intimidate him.
Tom
Ok - What's so good about apple wood?
Is it good for smoking food with or for building - or both..

Oh, You like him that much then! (UK Sarcasm)
On 4/24/2010 9:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

You need to go to the Aussie woodwork forum website and download the Rules of the Shed .
It contains the behavioural rules and protocols for people who have sheds and worshops .
But most importantly in your case ,those who visit other peoples sheds and workshops. Its mostly written for Australians and some Aussie slang is used , but Im sure youll get the gist of it, being a bloke and all.
--
Kevin (Bluey)