Chisels

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:00:56 GMT, "snowdog"

I second that... I've got a set of Stanleys- not old ones from "way back when Stanley was good", but the ones you can get in the hardware store right now. My brother has the same set. My cuts are all smooth and clean, and the edges hold up just fine. His are rough and look like junk- the difference is that I carefully sharpen them on a set of Arkansas stones, and he "sort of" sharpens them on the cupped, course grey stone he uses on kitchen knives. In fact, any chisel that isn't made of tin will work just fine- it's all a matter of taking care of them.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
If they take and hold a good edge, there is probably no reason to replace them. Flatten the back, sharpen, and enjoy
John
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:10:18 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"