Children's playset

I'll be building a playset for my kids this spring. Some of the commercial ones I've seen have all the edges rounded over (1/2" radius). That seems like an awful lot of quality time with a router.
I'd be interested to hear from others who built similar structures and can comment on whether the roundover effort is worth it.
Thanks, Eric
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:16:23 +0000, Eric Goldsmith wrote:

In a word: yup. I rounded over all of the edges for any parts that little hands would be grabbing onto (in effect, almost all of them). I'm very happy that I did. I used cedar for mine and rounding over seems to keep the splinters down. I only used a 1/4" roundover, though.
--
Joe Wells

I've built a few of them. All of the edges get 3/4 roundover. Its a lot of work, but it does a lot to keep splinters down... -JD