Child's table and chairs

I have just about worn out the Google search looking for plans for a child's table and chairs. I am expecting my first granddaughter in November and I would like to build a table and chairs for her first tea party when she gets old enough. Anyone have any leads on plans?
Also, I am planning to paint it so I am thinking about using poplar. I have never built anything that I have painted. Any problems associated with painting poplar or children's toys in general?
We have a table and chair that we bought for my one year old daughter. I made a second chair to match the original. I can send you pics if you want.

Here's one from Woodcraft:
http://www.woodcraft.com/search/search.aspx?query=plans
This is more doll-sized but my son-in-law's dad built one years ago and scaled it up a bit. Kinda Cute. Might try Grizzly too, but theirs might be from the same listing.
RonB

You don't need plans. What you need is a few rough measurements, maybe a picture or two. Go to the local toy store or children's furnishing department with tape measure and digital camera and in a few minutes you are ready to build. I've done that often to get some ideas.
There are no critical measurements, just guidelines. If the store table is 18" or 20" high, that is close enough, even if yours come a h alf inch either side of that. Kids grow.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Here is one at WalMart that I think I will use as the basis of what I am going to build: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_idB00608
It looks pretty clean and simple. Thanks for your help.
Dick Durbin

Looks easy enough. Now that you have known basic dimensions print out the picture. It won't be perfect, but you can scale other dimensions knowing the table is 24" wide by 19" high. Careful, perspective throws things off a bit. The enlarge photo on my screen is 2", the chair seat is 1 1/4", so I'd guess the real chair height to be about 12". If you can go to the store and measure, even better.

Get a set of full size plans for a table and chair, scale down 40%.
Painting Poplar is fine, it takes paint very well. Just use a lead-free enamel. Dry well before use.
Dave
I made mine from red oak. The dimensions and picture are on my web site.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/table_chairs.htm
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com