Child's Table

Making a table for a three-year-old.

Is there any particular Formica or other laminate that she can draw on with crayons or dry marker and can be cleaned up?

Reply to
The Wolf

My borg sells 2' x 4' sheets of whiteboard. Still, this seems a little dubious -- teaching a 3 year old to write on tables...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I have seen a paint that makes any surface a chalk board....might be interesting

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Got that right. Butcher paper was what we got for ours. Draw/paint on one, slick on the other side so it didn't soak through.

You didn't have to destroy a tablet> > Making a table for a three-year-old.

Reply to
George

I go to our local newspaper and purchase what they call 'end rolls' for like $2 each. They are between 32" and 48" wide newsprint and typically

100' l> Got that right. Butcher paper was what we got for ours. Draw/paint on one,
Reply to
Grandpa

This paint works well. I made a chalkboard for my daughter and used the chalkboard paint. Working great so far :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Veritas Shelf Drilling Jig

- Ryobi CID1802V 18v Cordless Drill

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig

SawEyes

Doesn't work worth a damn for water paint.

Reply to
George

I threw together a table with the top coated with this chalkboard paint, and it's been working fine for the last 4-5 months.

Reply to
kenR