cherry experiment follow up

In case anyone cares...
I took 4 strips of cherry cut from the same board; on each strip left 1/3 unfinished, put wb poly on 1/3, and put oil-based poly on 1/3; then put one strip in sunshine, one strip under incandescent, one strip under fluorescent, and one strip in dark. After about 4 weeks looked at darkening to see if poly inhibited darkening.
All portions darkened on the sunlight strip and on the artificial light strips; however, the oil-based poly darkened the least (hard to quantify, probably about 1/3 less darkening roughly) and the oil-based poly clearly had a more yellow tone than the other sections. The strip in the sunshine clearly darkened more than those in the artificial light. The strip in the sunshine was not outside, but inside on a windowsill. The strip left in the dark showed no appreciable darkening in any of the sections.
Charles

It would be interesting to see what the difference is long term. I hope you dated and photographed them and repeat this post next year.

I wondered about how much UV my windows blocked (assuming UV is what matters).
toller wrote:

If your windows are newer and coated with silver (LoE or LoE2) they block most of the UV rays. keep us posted!--dave