Checked my inbox...

Page 2 of 4  


I LIKE this one.
I feel very comfortable, welcome, and loved, here.
I'm staying :-)
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

PLONK!
Haven't had to do that in a looooong time.
-Zz
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

PDFTFT.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Feb 27, 7:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Pity Doug Failed The Fairness Test.
Agreed.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In wrote:

AMEN to that
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:32:33 -0800 (PST), Neil Brooks

Sorry to hear about your nuts, Neil.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Neil Brooks wrote:

You seem to have a hard time with the concept that we don't CARE whether humorless scolds are immune to joy. We, or at least I, am indifferent in the extreme as to whether someone is unamused or even offended by what I say. They are not part of my universe. Their emotions or feelings are of no moment to me. I cannot control how they feel and my feelings are not contingent on theirs.

As the saying goes, "If they can't take a joke..."

We don't want to do so.

We don't want to do so.

I don't care. I'm not trying to convince you of the superiority of my position and I'm certainly not susceptible to your exegesis. One difference is I accept that you are offended, though I don't care, but you seem unable to accept the reverse.

I'm proud of you. Of course every adversary on every position says they are on God's side and that God approves of their stalwart stands.

I'm a little unclear as to what "job" you refer and, for the life of me, I can't comprehend how tilting a windmills is "easy."
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Nah. That's where you're wrong.
I'm not offended.
The collective you, OTOH, ARE offensive.
You want your little clubhouse where you can be as horrid as you want, whether or not it dissuades others from participating.
But you don't want to GET a clubhouse. You like the public park.

Defend the opposing point of view, in THIS case.
I wish you luck!

Ah, but it is. Your "less well endowed" compatriots, here, throw out arguments in Kindergarten fashion.
Being on the side of the angels -- like never being dishonest -- means never having to think for even a *second* before answering :-)
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Got any more Holocaust jokes?
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In wrote:

No, but how about a slightly racist religious one?<depending on who you are>
Name change of Buckwheat of The Little Rascals fame.
He has converted to Islam.
His new name
Kareem of Wheat
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[...]

Saw that one coming a few hundred yards away...
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In wrote: [...]

Yeah, but it still made me chuckle
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

To a handful of people, perhaps.
What about those to whom it does NOT spread joy?
What ABOUT my neighbor -- the talented woodworker to whom I've suggested the online woodworking forum, and who lost his baby, last year?
What about my practicing Jew, woodworking, industry-insider brother, who would be aghast at the Holocaust jokes?
What about ANYBODY and EVERYBODY else that doesn't appreciate gallows humor?
Isn't this a woodworking site?
Shouldn't THEY be *actively* welcomed?
So far ... NOBODY has raised even a *single* point that "I'm missing."
Why NOT take your little sophomoric, backwater group to a private forum, if there are NO boundaries for the jokes you each enjoy -- jokes that make fun of others?
Why not e-mail each other with these jokes?
You really *can't* win this argument.
Not because of who I am ... except ... to the extent that "I'm on the side of the angels," on this issue.
It's rather like the concept that "the truth is the ultimate defense" to things like libel and slander charges.
I'm pretty much dead-nuts right, here. That makes my job *exceedingly* easy.
Are you their nanny, assigned to shield them from what "YOU" think they should not see? Are you a communist? Wake up, your neighbors are capable of taking care of themselves and if they don'g lile this group they can continue their search like any one else capable of making decisions.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In article

Because your neighbour isn't a fuck-head on usenet.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Feb 27, 7:34 pm, Dave Balderstone

Alright. I could reasonably expect a preposterously inane answer from you, Doug, but ....
Again ... I've forwarded info to him, recently, about a couple of online ww sites -- this one included.
When he shows up, and sees the dead baby jokes, what do you expect his response to be?
I know what it will be. Tears and horror.
So ... why exclude him, and the many others whose skin isn't as thick, or who are simply more evolved, than your little cabal?
I used pretty small words, Dave. Why don't YOU take a legit, direct, reasonable shot at answering this one?
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sorry. Dave. I used the wrong name, initially.
I don't mean to insult you by slight. I'd MUCH rather do it, directly :-)
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because you are not telling the truth, Neil (or whoever you are). If this guy is such an accomplished woodworker, then he has known about this news group for a long time. This is one of the first places people visit on the Internet if they are interested in woodworking. If this guy exists, he knows of this place and has been here. He either liked it or he didn't. No matter what poison you spew back, I will stick to this position.
And I have to echo the opinions of everybody else that has responded: Take a joke. There have been many on this site that have "bashed" my ancestry but, heck, they were funny.
Somewhere, in another thread, somebody said something like you are polluting all the threads you respond in. They were right. If you are so high and mighty and are on a mission from God.... Bottom line is that you are NOT on a mission from God and are certainly not on the side of the angels. The main reason you are full of it is because God instructed us to respond to others with gentleness and respect; something that is very foreign to you. Insults in His Name are a millstone around the neck of the person spewing them and have absolutely no effect on the receiving person.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Your gang is impressively loose with accusations, yet totally bereft of evidence.
Not surprising.

Actually -- like most here -- you are *factually* full of shit. I notice that I seem to be jumping in, to respond to ww questions, while the rest of you ... I dunno ... search the web for more juvenile insults.
Neat, huh?

I'm NOT a religious person.
I used that expression ... as an expression.
Since you seem to BE a religious person, then I'm not surprised that -- well -- *nearly everything* I've said seems to be lost on you.
Nobody, yet, has told me the upside of peppering this ng with the kind of jokes that could be reasonably expected to repel any number of woodworkers who simply don't find the humor in the sort of jokes that many of you seem limited to telling.
Nobody.
Not you -- chapter and verse, notwithstanding.
Care to try?
Still listening.
And ... helping others with their ww inquiries, where I can.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well, Neil, I can tell you this: There is nobody that will take you serious in any way after the juvenile manner in which you burst into the newsgroup. But, of course, you aren't going to even attempt to listen to anybody unles we all cower down and kowtow to you and your wishes.
There are oodles of other woodworking groups out there, most of them moderated, why not just go to them? Oh, because, like you said, you are on the side of the angels, yet you are not religious. A self- proclaimed oxymoron.
If this newsgroup is peppered with such horrible stuff, and it pisses enough people off so that they quit showing up, then rec.woodworking will die on its own.
No, I think you are a troll like what people have originally called you. You claim you know a lot about woodworking: debatable but even Bay Area Dave attempted to answer woodworking questions. It's a shame if you *do* know anything about woodworking because nobody will ever "hear" a word you have to say on the subject.
And if you send a sarcastic, rude remark back, I will have to respond with the top 100 dead baby jokes in response.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's not an either-or proposition.

Rrrrrrright.
And when I accidentally get my thumb with a hammer, and say "God DAMMIT," I'm not a practicing theist?
Uh ..... no.

Uh ... no. I'd be grateful to view the spectacle that WOULD be you endeavoring to defend THAT statement.
The Klan is alive and well, and recruiting members.
That's an analogy. Using analogies doesn't mean I'm a member of the Coptic Church.

WHAAAAAAAAA!!!
I do? Where??
If you find it easier to argue against that which you wish I had said than it is to argue against what I actually DO say, then ... have fun :-)

Take a moment and re-read what you just wrote.
It was entertaining to me, but ... not impressive.

You take offense to that which I've said, and so ... in response ... you will do your damnedest to stick a burning knife into the guts of those who have experienced unimaginable tragedy???
I'm an agnostic, but ... as I'm fond of saying .... I seem to be a pretty damned Christian person, in deeds.
Wow.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.