check this machine out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plByNDFwlOk

--
Jeff

Fer making the World most expensive TP or an anally perfect squared board?
Either way, I can tell it costs a whole Sh*tload of $$$$. ;)
nb
On 10/15/2016 7:37 PM, woodchucker wrote:

toilet paper? ;-)
It looks like it would be a nice machine to have IF you had the volume to support the expense.
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 21:23:15 -0400, Keith Nuttle

So you don't get splinters?

Takes precision thicknessing to a whole new level and eliminates sanding that surface.

Now I know what pizza places use to slice pepperoni.
On 10/16/2016 5:31 AM, dadiOH wrote:

LOL! I was thinking microtome from a biology lab!
snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net says...

According to the manufacturer it's a "super surfacer".
Supposedly they're fairly common in Japan with jobsite models being available for reasonable prices. It's not a veneer machine--the outfit that made the one in the video also lists veneer machines on their web site.

That is pretty much what it is except for the scale. You just don't have to freeze the specimen or embed it in paraffin before slicing.

FWIW, there are normally 16 slices of pepperoni in an ounce. There's money in peddling pizza :)

On 10/15/2016 7:37 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Basically a very very expensive wide Japanese plane with power feed? I can see where it would be useful for the right sort of furniture or cabinet shop. I don't even want to think about trying to sharpen and then re-align the blade though -- I have enough trouble with my jointer/planer.

Supposedly there's a companion machine that sharpens the blade.
On 10/16/2016 11:20 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

On 10/15/2016 7:37 PM, woodchucker wrote:

It's a back up when your printer runs out of paper and you don't have another ream on hand. Make your own.
On 10/15/2016 6:37 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Monetizing opportunity, to paraphrase a millennial buzzword ... then again, many may fall for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRlBtabKRFM

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 10/15/2016 6:37 PM, woodchucker wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:37:13 -0400

artisanal toilet paper
only 44.99 per roll