Cheap ($100-$200) Craftsman table saws

To those who have one, I'm curious:
Take a good look at the alignment of the splitter behind the blade. Does it line up properly? If not, turn the blade guard assembly around and put it on backwards. Does it line up properly now?
The one I have and the ones in the store all appear to have the bend on the blade guard/splitter backwards. I'm wondering how wide-spread the problem is.
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

Mine's the same way, that's the main reason I removed it.
Ron

I don't know just which model you're speaking of. I have one of the cheapies. The splitter, for what it's worth , does not have that problem. Got the saw about 2 years ago. But I just hate the miter gauge and slots.
Joe
I feel your pain. The gague and slots on the aluminum tables are horrible. I just made a crosscut sled to make more accurate cuts. It's not perfect but 20$ of materials for the sled was a better alternative in the short term to hundreds on a better saw. In the mean time I keep checking the classifieds for a steal on a saw with a good cast iron table.
Sat, Jan 7, 2006, 11:54am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) seemingly is casting out: <snip> The one I have and the ones in the store all appear to have the bend on the blade guard/splitter backwards. I'm wondering how wide-spread the problem is.
IF you're not trolling, then they were put on backwards by the numbnuts in the store. If you put your own on backwards, apparently the problem is wide-spread. Make a sled, and use it.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (Puckdropper)

I'm not trolling. The assembly itself was not made properly. I can draw/take pictures to demonstrate exactly what the problem is. (Or next time you're in Sears, you can probably look yourself.)
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

Mon, Jan 9, 2006, 1:25pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth sayeth: I'm not trolling. The assembly itself was not made properly. I can draw/take pictures to demonstrate exactly what the problem is. (Or next time you're in Sears, you can probably look yourself.)
That would be nice, surprising how many are around tho. Don' need no steenki' pictures. The one on my saw isn't the greatest in the world, but worked - after a bit of adjustment. But, like I said - a sled. Not hard to make, and work great.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax