Centipede Sawhorse!

And, even closed ones on the floor board of your truck.

First day on a job a few years back, a gallon fell out of my truck as we were carrying them in, and I spent the next hour chasing the yellow river down the driveway and street gutter while trying to erase the evidence leading directly back to the client's house ... oops.

Reply to
Swingman

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries 2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through Amazon Prime with free shipping 3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8 from anywhere else. 4) Financially, HD is the winner as I believe you can get three of the 2x4 for less than one of the 4x8 5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having three of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm thinking of putting it to use here.

Just my $ 0.02

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

One of my thoughts, but one of the Home Depot reviews mentions, as a plus, how well it works on uneven ground.

Reply to
Swingman

Not above giving that a try. Besides, work surfaces, particularly on a job site, are like clamps ...

Reply to
Swingman

Starting to get off my butt and conduct a bit of due diligence.

Found this review at Home Despot

I have owned a larger model (4X8) for over a year. I believe I bought one of the first units sold. I have used my system over a dozen times. No issues so far. Very easy to set-up and replace into carry bag. One nice surprise to me was it's ** ability to self level on uneven ground where I set it up.**

Rick Pros: Sturdy, Nice Design

Lowe's also carries them - both models - at $50 and $100 respectively.

Only the 4x8 is reviewed at Lowe's but with 11 reviews there isn't a sour note among them.

I'm sold

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Leon

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

It would take 4, 2x4 to equal a 4x8. But that might be more useable. Just keep in mind that the smaller one is 1/4 the size of the larger one.

Reply to
Leon

;~) Now did you really say, oops? LOL

Reply to
Leon

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.
Reply to
Bill

Oh, I see you were referring to *two* of them. Got it.

Reply to
Bill

Exactly. Which is why Karl said 2 of those would be half of the 4x8. :-D

Reply to
-MIKE-

You sure are a downer. You've never used the product, you've never even _seen_ the product in real life, yet you hold forth with disdain.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

But, Scott, he posted that almost TWO WHOLE DAYS AGO.

That he was able to come up with that critique is testament to his brilliance.

By now he knows more about it than the inventor or any of the users - especially those who've posted reviews after actually having used the sawhorse.

We're still waiting for photos of his latest project so we can settle our bets: Did he use 10P or 16P nails and did he clinch them or were they just toe nailed?

LOL

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Correct, but 2 of the 2x4, as mentioned on line 3, the line I commented on, is 1/2

Reply to
Leon

;~) And now I see you correction. LOL

Reply to
Leon

I think it was me, Karl's brother, that said that. LOL

Reply to
Leon

You Texans all look alike.

Reply to
-MIKE-

They all talk funny, too (been married to one for 44 years ;-).

Reply to
krw

Mom always liked you best ... LOL

Reply to
Swingman

they are steel legs if they were carbon fiber they would not last long after some rough and tumble use

also not sure how a static load of 1500 pounds is relevant i think it is just a marketing pitch i would not want to be anywhere near that when it has 1500 pounds on it

Reply to
Electric Comet