Centipede Sawhorse!

They all talk funny, too (been married to one for 44 years ;-).
On 11/17/2015 11:03 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Ruggedly handsome. I know. ;~)
On 11/17/2015 8:40 AM, Leon wrote:

Mom always liked you best ... LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 11/17/2015 12:54 PM, Swingman wrote:

Nope, the oldest is always the faveret. ;~)
On 11/16/2015 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:

Correct, but 2 of the 2x4, as mentioned on line 3, the line I commented on, is 1/2
On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/centipede-sawhorse?sid=V2911&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+K100+Centipede+Sahorse&utm_content=Savings+Come+Early:+Pre-Black+Friday+Deals+On+Now !&utm_campaign1515_b_d_25%2BShipping%2BPreBlackFriDeals_V2911
Starting to get off my butt and conduct a bit of due diligence.
Found this review at Home Despot
I have owned a larger model (4X8) for over a year. I believe I bought one of the first units sold. I have used my system over a dozen times. No issues so far. Very easy to set-up and replace into carry bag. One nice surprise to me was it's ** ability to self level on uneven ground where I set it up.**
Rick Pros: Sturdy, Nice Design
Lowe's also carries them - both models - at $50 and $100 respectively.
Only the 4x8 is reviewed at Lowe's but with 11 reviews there isn't a sour note among them.
I'm sold
On 11/16/15 2:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

This has only 6 points of contact vs. 8 for two sawhorses. Non-issue.

These legs are extremely strong. They seems to be carbon fiber or some other composite. Pound away. It's rated for 1500lbs.

YEP!!!
--

-MIKE-

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:28:58 -0600

they are steel legs if they were carbon fiber they would not last long after some rough and tumble use
also not sure how a static load of 1500 pounds is relevant i think it is just a marketing pitch i would not want to be anywhere near that when it has 1500 pounds on it
Electric Comet wrote:

Or, maybe get some beer and challenge your friends to see how many can stand on it...

Nice legs!
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 11/17/15 12:58 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Can you produce 1500lbs of force with a hammer?

They show several videos of guys loading 2500lbs pallets of sand and other materials on it with no problems.
Yes, these claims are marketing pitch and that doesn't bother me a bit, because they are true claims and I'm not some moron who thinks they are actually recommending this product to be used for storing pallets of concrete blocks.
They are illustrations that are very good at showing how strong these things are. But there are still people like you who haven't put your hands on one, who have some sort of negative agenda who will take any opportunity to try to discredit it.
Do us all a favor and discover punctuation.
--

-MIKE-

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:43:13 -0600

sounds like you have a horse in the race and not just the one you bought
they just seem like over kill to me with so many pieces it just means more things to break and replace
in what ways do simple folding steel horses do not work for you
how are these better
On 11/17/15 1:55 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

False. I just don't like when people throw out negative assumptions about product when they've never touch it. And even worse, when having been told their assumption are false by someone who's actually used the product, they fail to back off.

False logic. Once again with the ignorant assumption that they are prone to breaking just because there are more of them. There are more studs in a longer wall, so what? If you had actually put your hands on one and inspected it, i wouldn't have an issue because yours would then be an informed opinion based on a modicum of experience instead of total conjecture.

Well, I already answered that question from you, to you, in this thread. But I'll repeat: folding steel horses take longer to set-up/tear down, and require two hands to carry, have eight points of contact with the ground instead of only six, they are awkward to carry and load in my van, take up more room in the van, slide around more and make more noise when doing so, and a few more things that don't need expressed, because....
You imply that these in some way *need* to be better than folding steel horses in order to be valid or have value as a tool. More false logic. Better is certainly a subjective quality, one that comes from personal preference most often gained by actually *using* something, which you have not.
--

-MIKE-

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:39:26 -0600

no logic involved it is very simple math more pieces means more chance for something to break

no false logic i just like simpler tools because in the long run they break less and are more reliable wait until one of those cross pieces bends
now it will not fold and unfold as smoothly and i do not know what will happen to weight distribution either because the design relies on a specific shape to hold the engineered weight one bent cross piece could ruin the whole day
On 11/17/15 8:18 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

I've grown tired of your nonsense and your continued disregard for basic written communication skills.
--

-MIKE-

On 11/17/2015 1:55 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Raeille, U thank e's got whorses?

oer kil? 1st u say flimsy now or'k?

2ne tim axked and anwered. bulkie and unlite wait.

2ne tim axked and anwered

would you stop with the punctuation already
On 11/16/2015 2:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

One of my thoughts, but one of the Home Depot reviews mentions, as a plus, how well it works on uneven ground.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I agree. The part that got me was him saying "I can make repeated cuts on this all day long." The chopsaw is doing the cutting not what the saw is sitting on. Not being able to cut has nothing to do with the sawhorse. oh excuse me the "portable support system."