Centech inspection camera

Page 2 of 3
On 3/6/2015 12:10 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

While this info won't help you, since it seems your need is urgent. I did some research on this a few weeks ago.
I would avoid the handheld units. I found that you can get very good long units that plug into your computer for way less money than the typical handhelds.
__AND.. with a lot more resolution.__
--
Jeff

On 3/7/2015 10:24 AM, woodchucker wrote:

can you name a few or provide a few sites?
On 3/7/2015 10:49 AM, Meanie wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=usb+inspection+camera&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop &_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true
--
Jeff

On 3/8/2015 12:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Awesome.
Thank you
On 3/8/2015 1:43 PM, Meanie wrote:

[snip]

The first one that comes up on that ebay link is, I think, the one I bought. More fun than humans should have with their clothes on for under $20. Decent image and lighting and, if by some chance you mess it up, you're out the cost of a couple of beers at the corner bar.
Seriously, biggest drawback is having the connect it to a laptop or netbook.
On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 9:24:32 AM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:

edium=email&utm_campaign15b&utm_source21&cid=mEmail_s1021_c10 15b

and wiggling will get it open enough to free the jam. I need to drill in from the back and think a scope will be helpful in troubleshooting. Hopefu lly I can free this with two small holes -- one for the scope and one for t he coat hanger.

I decided to pass on the HF unit when they excluded this from the 20% off c oupon. Jeff ... can you give me a link to the computer-based unit?
On 3/7/2015 11:37 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
[snip]

--
>> Jeff

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:37:18 -0800 (PST), "Gramps' shop"
What? How exactly did you determine the inspection camera is "excluded from the 20% off coupon"?
On 3/7/15 11:48 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

It's already on sale, so you can't take the additional 20% off with the coupon. Even though this is their official policy, I've run across the occasional manager who will approve it.
--

-MIKE-

That is simply not true.
On 3/7/15 12:09 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Every Harbor Freight 20% off coupon I've ever seen has stated "Cannot be used with any other discount or coupon..." so yes, it simply is true, in the truest sense of the word.
Now, perhaps this is a region thing. Perhaps the Harbor Freight 20% off coupons you get don't have that written in the fine print. Is that the case?
--

-MIKE-

I'll try typing slower this time: In HF's world "Discount" does NOT equal items on "Sale".

OK, I'll play along.
What 'Sale' item(s) did you have a problem using a 20% coupon with? Which HF store(s) did said problem arise? Nashville? Antioch? Clarksville?
There is no "argument" for me to win, Skippy. I simply enjoy watching you dance ;-)
On 3/7/15 9:33 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

If that's what it takes to give you an enjoyable evening, I'm happy to oblige.
--

-MIKE-

Bon Appétit:
http://oi33.tinypic.com/2hr1g5c.jpg
On 3/7/15 10:34 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Add looking up cute little memes to your cyber stalking. You have a great life.
--

-MIKE-

Do you girls have the desire to reach the top 20 posters or the topic with the most posts for the month of March?

Point well taken. When a spirited discussion devolves into ad hominem attacks it just ain't worth it.
On 3/7/2015 9:34 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

I'm not so sure your gloating is all that appropriate. My experience seems to reflect _Mike-'s It all depends on location, location, location.
Having said that, I've noticed that certain personality types need repeated assurance that they're "always right". ;-)
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 2:09:06 PM UTC-4, Max wrote:

e:

ote:

ut

ille?

I'm curious (not trying to be right, just curious): What happens when you p resent the 20% coupon at the locations where it is not accepted? Does the c ashier refuse to scan it or does (s)he scan it and then tell you that it wi ll not be honored based on the computer's response?
I only ask because the thread I linked to seems to indicate that in the cas es where the cashier has told the customer that they couldn't use the coupo n, it turns out that once the customer requested that it be scanned, they w ere able to use it.
Another possibility: Is it possible that the items you've tried to purchase were specifically excluded? Again, just curious. As noted in that thread - and in my experience - there are sale items that allow the extra discount and then there are sales item that don't. This can be tested at hf.com.
Could it be less about location and more about specific sale items?
I guess a perfect test would be for one of you to go to a location where th e coupon has been denied and attempt to purchase the same item that others have had no problem with. For example, the Magnetic Base, item 5645. That i tem is currently on sale for $2 off. I was able to use the 20% off coupon a t a physical location and apply a 25% off coupon code on the website. No ma nager intervention required. If you guys aren't able to use the 20% off cou pon at the stores where you have been denied in the past, we would have the definitive answer. Perhaps we just haven't been comparing the proverbial a pples.
Any volunteers?