Canadians - guess who's coming?

Robin Lee checks in now and then. Why doesn't somebody put together a post with his name in the title. He should spot it. Ask him directly about his shipping policies. He does a good job answering other questions. Let him respond to this one.

Just a suggestion.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yes you do. PRIORITY POST. You still have to pick up from the post office if your mailing address is a PO Box. Are you really a dumbass or do you just play one on usenet?

Reply to
jimmy

Been there done that with Lee Valley. They have no plans to switch away from the 'cheap' Canada post. If your mailing address is a PO Box in Canada you pay the same price as those who get home delivery but you have to drive to a post office to get your stuff. Which means we get screwed.

Reply to
jimmy

You like playing the poor put upon flake don't you? If as you say, you can't get Canada Post to deliver directly to your home (and I really don't blame them to be honest), then that's the fault of Canada Post and the limitations of a PO Box.

All of that aside, I just called the Scarborough store in Toronto and explained the situation. They can and are willing to send orders in Canada by UPS. Naturally, UPS won't deliver to a PO Box, but they will deliver to a street address if you supply one. Got that flake?

If you don't believe me, than *YOU* call them at 1-800-267-8761

Reply to
Upscale

VERY RECENT development.

You certainly can't order from their website and have it delivered UPS.

I was not offered a choice of UPS in December. I asked.

Reply to
jimmy

I see STORES are different from the website. So if I want to phone a STORE (long distance) I can use anyone I want for delivery. I can have it shipped by mule from a brick and mortar STORE. That's the same with ANY store you DUMBASS.

Reply to
jimmy

Except as I understand it, I can't use a credit card to order over the phone at a Lee Valley brick and mortar STORE.

Reply to
jimmy

You're welcome. The next time you visit Toronto, drop over for a beer and we can start again. The internet lets people fall into arguments much too easily whereas meeting them in person makes that event much less likely.

Reply to
Upscale

You're just full of negativity aren't you? Hey, it's your life. But, forget the offer of a beer, I see now that it would be completely wasted on you.

Have a nice day, asshole.

Reply to
Upscale

I might take you up on the offer.:) And I apologize for the Dumbass remark. This is just very frustrating.

I won't even go into rebates. Futureshop refused to honor a $100 rebate because my mailing address is a PO Box. The store manager finally went good for it. He is a nice guy. But it says in small print right on the form they give you AFTER you make the purchase that if your address is a PO Box you don't qualify for the rebates.

Reply to
jimmy

Ahh, now the problem comes to light. You don't understand things very well. Why didn't you say so? Hey, there's no shame in needing things explained to you. Every six year old needs an explanation now and then. *You* just happen to need more explanation than most.

You're not too bright are you? Orders are shipped from Ottawa. The stores do not ship directly. As well, I've placed orders by phone using a credit card.

What excuse do you have now? (aside from needing extensive explanations for every step of the ordering process)

Reply to
Upscale

THERE IS NO WAY to order from Lee Valley using a CC and get the parcel delivered to my house. What part of that DON'T you understand????

Some companies will allow a FAX order using a CC but I don't think Lee Valley is one of them.

YOU DUMBASS!:)

Reply to
jimmy

Not according to the Lee Valley rep I spoke with. If you place an order through the 1-800 number the parcel will ONLY be delivered by Canada Post. Because that is NOT a brick and mortar store. If you order from a Store IT'S SHIPPED from the store, not the distribution center.

Do you drink much Upscale? It certainly seems that way.

Reply to
jimmy

At this point I'd hazard a guess that some very shrewd people at Lee Valley Tools decided long ago that your business is just not worth the harassment you'd put them through and decided to pretend they couldn't ship to your door.

Makes sense to me. I certainly can't fathom what might make sense to you.

Have a good day.

Reply to
Upscale

Isn't that what you have been doing all along?

Let me repeat NO ONE in my town, or probably any town in Canada, who has a PO BOX for a mailing address can have a parcel delivered directly from Lee Valley to their home.

Reply to
jimmy

Which forum did you read? I DAGS and I can't find any info on Woodcraft opening a store in Canada.

Thanks!

- Daniel

Reply to
Daniel H

I don't think so.

That is NOT one of the stores.

Reply to
jimmy

You didn't say "store", you said "Some companies will allow a FAX order using a CC but I don't think Lee Valley is one of them."

You're wrong.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Mark & Juanita

Greater Toronto Area.

The one part of Canada everyone else agrees we can laugh at.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone