Canada Post shipping experience.

I haven't but I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has.

Ken Muldrew

I have searched the net but have never been able to find anyone using such a simple device. Or how durable it is. Nor a Lee Valley customer who has one.

I have plenty of veneers that are not going to glue flat unless I use a press.

Reply to
jimmy

BTW Rob if you are reading. You could do worse then adding a page to the website for customers to post their experiences and or how to's with their purchases. I'd be happy just to read the positive ones if they give insight into using the tool. Lee Valley Reps are good but not intimately familiar with every product.

Reply to
jimmy

Why? So you can have your complaints posted permanently for all to see? And in regards to experiences, isn't that what many people have done here? Aside from one or two, all experiences I've read have been positive. And for Lee Valley tools, there's been thousands of comments here in rec.woodworking.

That's not an LV problem, it's yours. Every question I've ever asked of LV's technical support has without exception, come back to me with the exact answer I was looking for or a way for me to find the answer. You'd do well to consider that with the thousands of items that LV keeps in stock, nobody is intimately familiar with everything.

You're still trolling and just so you know, I'm essentially a troll too. Only difference is that my trolling is primarily aimed at other trolls. (Just in case you were thinking of asking)

Reply to
Upscale

You are the biggest tool here...and the most useless.

Reply to
jimmy

Yeah sure. I buy 150 square feet of veneer from Lee Valley and I'm trolling.

Reply to
jimmy

Yes. The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

You're a troll, plain and simple.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And you are the second biggest tool in the group, and far from the sharpest. Do you actually do any woodworking?

Reply to
jimmy

Chuckle, chuckles. The biggest tools win, donchaknow.

Yes.

Do you?

So far all we know about you is claim to spend a lot of money on non-woodworking stuff at LV (your own words), and know how to bitch a lot.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Big deal! I could spend $20,000 a year at Lee Valley and still know zip about woodworking. If you're trying to suggest that you know your way around a workshop, you're doing a poor job of going about it ~ almost as bad a job as you've been doing with your whining about Lee Valley and postal shipping.

Reply to
Upscale

(snip)

Yes - we've thought about that - but it's a maintenance/moderation nightmare; we'd have to edit for accuracy (can't let bad information stand), and monitor content....

There're lots of BB's out there for that purpose...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Did you read the subject line of this thread? Me and one other person have a KEEN interest in the Lee Valley vacuum kit. Nothing at all to do with knowing our way around a workshop. If I did know it all I would build a vacuum press from information found on the net. I simply don't have the skills, which limits me to veneer that can be rolled flat. I have plenty that won't.

Reply to
jimmy

What happened to your Lee Valley boycott?

RicodJour

What boycott? I stopped 'quietly' shopping at Lee Valley a year ago because I got better service (for my needs, your mileage may vary) elsewhere.

If Lee Valley has something I can't get from my present suppliers, like the vacuum kit, and I want it, I will certainly order it.

I BOYCOTT Walmart and COSTCO. I haven't been into either business in 15 years or more. I would LOVE to BOYCOTT Home Depot but unfortunately they deliver to my door at a fraction of the cost of RONA or Home Hardware.

Reply to
jimmy

Here you go Jimmy....this is from the MFG website:

Better Homes and Gardens WOOD Magazine (Review of the Thin Air Press) It gets a 5 star rating with quotes like "the results were outstanding" we must be doing something right. February/March 2006 USA

Woodworking for Women Magazine (Review of the Roarockit Thin Air Press Kit (for woodworkers) February 2006 USA

American Woodworker Magazine (Article by George Vondriska about Roarockit woodworker's kit) Early 2006 USA

Woodcraft Magazine (Vacuum veneering: a 5 page article by Doug Stowe about Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2006 USA

Australian Wood Review Magazine (Review about Roarockit woodworker's kit) December 2005 Australia

Spotmag Magazine (Review about Roarockit skateboard deck building kit) Janaury 2006 Spain

Woodworking for Women Magazine (Vacuum veneering: an article by Anna Thompson on Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2006 USA

The Maui News (Article on Roarockit Skateboard Company and our teaching program) Summer 2005

Concrete Wave Magazine (Article by Malakai Kingston about deckmaking classes at the University of California San Diego using in part Roarockit deckmaking program and materials) Summer 2005 USA

Fine Woodworking Magazine (Article by Anatole Burkin, editor. About Roarockit woodworker's kit) August 2005 USA

Woodcraft Magazine (Article by Tim Rinehart about Roarockit woodworker's kit) January 2005 USA

Reply to
Robin Lee

What boycott? If you don't call it a boycott, what *exactly* do you call the dozens and dozens of message you've posted in the last few weeks about refusing to buy from Lee Valley because of shipping problems. And how

*exactly* do you equate 'quietly' with the dozens and dozens of messages you've posted about Lee Valley shipping problems.

God, you're so full of bullshit you're overflowing.

Reply to
Upscale

Thanks Rob. I never knew the kits name before. Looks like it will meet my needs. It was the durability factor I was worried about. A little late because I'm just about to go whole hog in the garden but I will be ordering one of these kits.

You will be pleased I'm about done ragging on Lee Valley. I'm the anal type who figures maybe just one more explanation is in order to get my point across. It never works, I just dig a deeper hole, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Reply to
jimmy