Canada Post shipping experience.

Page 4 of 4

Wow. Everyone in the world is confused 'cept you.
Must be confusing for you.
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:31:06 -0600, Dave Balderstone

That certainly does seem to be the case. At least as far as Lee Valley shipping practices. It does make sense. No one ever accused the average woodworker of being very smart.<g> You being a perfect example.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

He's not confused or confusing, he's simply trolling. If Robin Lee answered him directly and corrected his muddled beliefs, he'd tell Robin he was confused.
Methinks it's time to let the troll go back under the bridge...

Robin Lee has not responded because I'm right. Even customer service admitted I wasn't the only customer unhappy with Lee Valley using Canada Post.
No one has produced a single bit of evidence that Lee Valley uses any other courier in BC than Canada Post.

From my limited exposure to Robin's way of doing business, I'm pretty sure that even jimmy-the-possible-troll would be treated with respect.
I could be wrong. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I was treated just fine. I was told that Canada Post was the only way I could get a package delivered. So I ceased being a customer. We both made decisions that were in our best interest.

I'm not sure how my orders stack up to yours but I just checked my Lee Valley history. 16 orders at an average of about $150 maybe more, over a 2 1/2 year period ending about a year ago.

Valley
Any way you want to look at it, unless you're in prison or the military, where you live is your choice. You want the country setting with all the advantages (and disadvantages) that come with such a location, then you're going to have to find a way to deal with it. So far, the *only* way you appear to handle things is to whine and whine and whine again. I'd tell you to deal with it except we already know how you cope.

Nonsense. I stopped shopping at Lee Valley a year ago. That's a long time to wait to start whining. I'm just posting a simple set of facts and my solutions.

...and it took you that long to come to the conclusion that Lee Valley has become so successful, that they bought Canada Post and are now imposing THEIR shipping methods. Wait till they buy the power company where you live and force you to have to convert all your tools to 321 Volt/4.5 phase. You think you're screwed now?
*diabolical laughter* BWHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

A Village idiot first class named Robatoy writes:

No I just got tired of carrying badly damaged boxes a block to my car. Canada Post must be the ONLY courier on the planet that hasn't got a dolly you can borrow for a couple minutes to lug your stuff to your vehicle.
I asked Lee Valley if I could get home delivery like I get from all my other suppliers and they said no. That was a year ago, and I haven't ordered since.

I heard they're coming out with a Veritas low angle transformer, that places the bevel of the sine wave up...
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Hahahahaha *coughs* hahahahaha
We have both, along with Purolator and DHL.

snipped-for-privacy@the.raunch wrote:
Why don't you have Purolator deliver to you door next time?
btw... Canada Post OWNS (94%) Purolator.
You read that right... OWNS..Purolator.
Damn, Jimmy, if you think you have problems now, wait until you grow up.
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:03:58 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John) wrote:

I'm certainly not looking forward to it.