can't find three-wheel casters

In the "Workshop Book" there's a woodworker who moves all his stationary tools out onto his patio/driveway to work. In the photo, each tool leg rests on a sort of three-wheel, triangle-configured caster. Does anyone know where these can be found for purchase? I've searched all over the web and had no luck.
JP wrote:

My local Loew's and Borg carry them. They're on the shelf beside the other wheels & castors.
-- Mark

Personally I'd rather have one big wheel instead of three small ones. Easier to roll over the occasional pebble, scrap of wood or electrical cord.
-Jack

Three wheeled casters are for extremely heavy and potentially unstable loads. => a piano for example. They're not designed to go over pebbles or scraps of wood. That's not their function.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I use a piano to resaw some oak. I'm guessing that 90% of the woodworking equipment in the hobbyist's shop is lighter than my DJ-20, which rolls around fine with large single-wheel casters.
todd

We call the things 'elephant feet', and use 'em to move heavy commercial cooking equipment (mixers, ovens, etc). They're not for permanent attachment.
OTOH they can carry a _lot_ of weight. No sweat moving a 1500 pound pizza oven around.
Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
You will be better served by buying Delta mobile bases. They come with a "foot lift" and generally are built like a tank.
Average price for "typical base" is around $90.
Spend the money... this is one thing you will NEVER regret.
JP wrote:

On 17 Sep 2003 09:32:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (JP) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

rockler has their version of the delta mobile base on sale right now for 39 bux...for that price, its well worth a look
I think those would be considered dolly or dollies, since they consist of multiple casters. Hope this helps. BigJoe
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html