CA glue

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use tape because the jig is a tapered disc.
Jim Staley wrote:

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?
Lew
http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/glues.html

On 12/6/2005 9:27 PM Lew Hodgett mumbled something about the following:

CyanoAcrylate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Hints: It's not from California and it's not of Canuckistani origin.
OK, it's Cyano-Acrylate glue, aka SuperGlue.
-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us... ----------------------------------------------------- www.diversify.com -- Wisearse Website Design
Superglue

TeamCasa wrote:

In that case, most any plastic you can fasten to the surface of the MDF.
Can't do that, build a new jig from plastic, it's done every day.
Lew

Sorry Lew, I meant to say that CA is Superglue (cryanoacrylate) Dave

Your fingers. I have found that this is the material it most prefers to stick to, at the exclusion of all else.

Talcum powder
Jim Staley wrote:

CA sticks to almost anything.
Can you use another glue? What about removing the CA with acetone?
Barry
Wax paper? Saran Wrap maybe? Poly on the jig may also work. My main assembly table is made of MDF w/ about 8 coats of poly (it sux it up like a sponge) any type of glue (even 2 part epoxy) just pops off w/ a puddy knife after its dry.
Can you describe the type of jig and why your using CA glue?

Polyethylene. HD, UHD...or any density for that matters.
Nothing sticks to it. AFAIK

from
Easiest is clear plastic packaging tape.
Saran wrap? or plastic shrink wrap the type used to package skids or small items for mailing etc

from